Here I am!

Here I go again the two steps forward to my one step back. Weighing 195 for the first time ever these past few months- I am scared to death of hitting 200 pounds- afraid my self esteem would irreversibly plummet with catastrophic results- not letting that happen. 57 years old, a new RN and struggling to get more than per diem work and to keep a job. Woke up this morning and reached for kolacki (Slovak pastry) I had recently made and froze. Ate 10 with a cup of tea then chocolate covered pomegranates. Then I downloaded this app. I was shocked to find out that my breakfast exceeded my daily caloric allowance by 152 calories!! Recently recovered from stress fracture to right heel using a boot and want to get back to Zumba for weight control. For now I'm ok to do low impact cardio, so I found a workout on youtube and bought myself
179 calories- nearly kill me but I got through 27 minutes with only one additional break. I'm also allowed to bike (bought a used one- new 'wide' seat added) and rode for the first time this afternoon. 10 minutes and .61 miles later I burned 89 more calories. It killed me! But, I know it won't always feel this hard. I like how I connected using exercise to address my over eating and can't wait to see how this works when I eat better and exercise regularly. I AM OFFICIALLY DOING THIS!

Replies

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Surprising the calories that are in some of our choices, isn't it? That's why MFP is such a valuable tool. You're on the right track - just keep it up - don't stop......ever!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Welcome!! I love the app. Especially being able to scan barcodes. Makes tracking easier. I'm far from perfect, but determined. Remember, baby steps and we will get to our goals!!
  • dparizeau
    dparizeau Posts: 10 Member
    Go Linda! You will do it! Nothing is hard like the first day, so once you get that done you will be unstoppable!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes, baby steps. It's a life time goal not a short term fix. Welcome and make yourself at home. Hopefully, you will be here for a very long time and will be an inspiring success story for other future members. Yay, so glad you have taken the first step to your new self!
  • xalien96
    xalien96 Posts: 6 Member
    I downloaded this app a few days ago and started logging everything I eat and drink. It is unreal how the calories add up and I am still hungry! I'm getting better at learning what foods are healthy to eat. I have been doing yoga for the past 6 weeks. LOVE how I am staring to feel!
  • Hello I just came back on after along hiatus and am so impressed with all the improvement to this app. I'm excited to get back at it, so much to learn! But we are all here to help!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Go get it!