Chocoholic need help.

Options
My biggest struggle is keeping my chocolate cravings in chech. Really crave it after eating spicy food. Help!! Suggestions?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you use the serach function then there have been similar threads with peoples chocolate low calorie alternatives on.
  • ardiamckenzie
    ardiamckenzie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't crave chocolate as much as I did during the first few weeks but when I do, I have a cup of Cadbury light hot chocolate. It satisfies my want with a lot less calories and sugar than a bar of chocolate.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Fit some chocolate into your calories for the day. Tonight I had a bit of a triple fudge brownie and chocolate ice cream.
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Fit some chocolate into your calories for the day. Tonight I had a bit of a triple fudge brownie and chocolate ice cream.

I don't believe in denying or depriving myself, so I also work in a little every day- usually a few Hershey's kisses (22 calories each). If I'm going to live, I'm going to enjoy my life in healthy moderation. ;)

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you like dark chocolate and you like hot cocoa, here is what I do. To my mug of water I add a square of Lindt 90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, and microwave it long enough to get the water hot enough to melt the chocolate. In my microwave it takes 1min. 20 sec. Then I add the hot cocoa mix. This is 120 calories. Sometimes if I am in the mood for a creamier flavor, I add a teaspoon of powdered creamer - that's what? 10 calories?

• JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli squares. Sea Salt Soiree and Cherry Tango are 50 cals per square and they are super good. I usually eat one or two at bedtime. Also, a Tbsp of Nutella is 100 calories. Straight out of the jar or spread on an eggo for breakfast - really helps curb that need for chocolate. Fudgsicles. Lots of stuff out there to help. Good luck!
  • Christa4335
    Christa4335 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have read if you crave sweets to have more natural sweets instead like make smoothies or other natural things. It has helped me alot. More fruits equal less sugar cravings. I use to eat lots of candy a day. I try to do a smoothie 1st in morning. Helps me through the day not have tge urges.
  • wendybirdie
    wendybirdie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am going on my second without chocolate and it is much easier than the first week!
  • vickierivero1
    vickierivero1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    shoot... I refuse to give up my chocolate! I still eat it as long as I am within my calorie goal without going over!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    blue diamond dark chocolate almonds really help with my chocoholism. they're cocoa dusted, not chocolate covered, so probably won't satisfy that craving for creamy chocolate goodness, but they are nice when you want a sweet, crunchy snack that's not completely horrible for you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate today. I was even going to eat it with chocolate gelato but changed that to popcorn instead. Choices.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I could not give up chocolate and when I want something sweet chocolate is the first thing I go to. But you do need to fit it into your calorie budget. Dark chocolate bars are my favorite because you can eat just a couple squares.

I also love homemade hot chocolate. I make mine:

1 oz cup milk, I use 2%
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    splash of vanilla
    dash of salt

Heat in a small pot and whisk till warm. 166 calories! <3

Plus health benefits to cocoa powder: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-unsweetened-cocoa-powder-5662.html
    Just 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder contains 3 to 9 percent of the recommended daily intake of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc. In addition to carrying oxygen, iron helps make red blood cells and is essential for your immune system. Manganese is a component of enzymes that form cartilage and bones, metabolize nutrients and function as antioxidants inside every cell in your body. Magnesium helps produce energy and maintain a normal heart rhythm. Zinc is vital for the production and development of new cells, including immune system cells. Without enough zinc, the number of bacteria-fighting cells goes down and you become more susceptible to illness.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Plan on it. Just put it in as a snack, then spread the rest of your calories around your meals.