Lose the pregnancy weight again

Options
Hi! Just had my second child and I ate whatever I wanted the whole 9 months! Gained 60 pounds. Trying to eat better, lose weight & be just healthy! Knowing others are in the same boat and supporting each other is so helpful!

Replies

• RissNorm
    RissNorm Posts: 2
    Options
    RissNorm wrote: »
    Hi! Just had my second child and I ate whatever I wanted the whole 9 months! Gained 60 pounds. And I'm not the type to lose it all easy like others I gotta work hard to lose a little! Trying to eat better, lose weight & be just healthy! Knowing others are in the same boat and supporting each other is so helpful!

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I too am trying to lose the baby weight.

The baby will be turning nine this June.

But if you don't mind a welcome from a slow starter...welcome! And congrats on your new little addition!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I gained 45 (which is a lot for my 5'2" body). :( My baby is almost 3 months old and so far I'm down 28 pounds. Some days I feel like I'm doing awesome, other days I feel discouraged because I have so far to go!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know it's annoying advice, but give your body time. It took me a little longer to lose the weight after my second because with two I had a lot less free time. It took me a year to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight with him.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    My fourth is 9 months old, not trying to lose but am focusing on strength - always happy to help other mamas.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I know it's annoying advice, but give your body time. It took me a little longer to lose the weight after my second because with two I had a lot less free time. It took me a year to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight with him.
    True. But don't leave it tooo long. My baby is 14. I left it way too long - it doesn't get any easier the older you get.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old and just this month started kickin it into gear. I log everything I eat (if you don't you a just cheating yourself) and I started a workout program made by moms for moms too get back in shape even if you don't have a lot of time to workout. Each workout is only 30 minutes. They are tough but it's so short a session that it's doable. I've lost 9.8 pounds since March 6th. Now i have about 45 more to go.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have 3 kids ages 3, 2, and almost 1. I can definitely relate to losing the baby weight! Also, invest in a digital food scale. I have been counting calories for a long time, but saw much much better results after using my food scale. You'd be surprised how much more you're eating that you realize!
  • Lashondarice
    Lashondarice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I too am trying to lose the baby weight.

The baby will be turning nine this June.

But if you don't mind a welcome from a slow starter...welcome! And congrats on your new little addition!

Lmbooo @ 9 I was going to say mine was turning 3 in May!
    #mommychronicles
  • krystlestar00
    krystlestar00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a 5, 3 and 9 month old and extra weight from each pregnancy. 60lbs to get down to 1st baby pre pregnancy weight and another 40lbs on top of that. It's going to take me awhile but I just have to stay on track to get there.
  • karlaaguilar25
    karlaaguilar25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi new mom n new too this I hope it helps ....this is my first baby n would love to know what worked for you to get back in shape :)
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 months post partum and I'm now working on losing what I gained before I got pregnant. It takes time. Our bodies are recovering in a lot of ways, and we usually aren't getting the best sleep. Go easy on yourself. Expect it to take time. But, you can do it!