Post-night over eating: what to eat the next day?

Options
dawnmarie1012
dawnmarie1012 Posts: 16
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi,

I definitely ate my emotions tonight. At 12am I got a text message from my ex whom I haven't heard from in months. I immediately went to the fridge in a frenzy. I ate a whole block of cheese with crackers & about 12? Oreos :-X in total 800 calories, more than half of what MFP suggests I eat daily.

I'm not mad at myself for screwing up my diet tonight. As I am still learning how to not associate food with comfort, control, and security, I expect a slip up to happen from time to time.

I'm wondering though, what should I eat tomorrow? Should I detox? How can I unbloat & recharge? I told myself I was going to go to bed at 10 tonight to avoid any temptation but here I am at 1am bloated over cheese & sad over a boy eeeekkkk, lame.

Replies

• dawnmarie1012
    dawnmarie1012 Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on. Eat as you would normally.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just eat within your calorie goal. If you're still feeling full, you can eat lighter, lower fat foods to aid digestion. Detoxes/cleanses don't help. Avoid anything extreme. Just move on and treat it as a new day with a fresh set of calories to aim for.
  • dawnmarie1012
    Options
    @NiqueKristan‌ thanks. is it a bad idea to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I gained weight?
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @NiqueKristan‌ thanks. is it a bad idea to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I gained weight?
    I wouldn't. Any weight gain is retention and not actual fat (:

• ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Any weight gain is retention and not actual fat (:

Same here. It would be water weight and would only be discouraging.

One day is not going to add real lasting weight and it won't stop you from losing weight.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Most likely you will have gained weight as you ate more volume as you normally would.
    This weight however is not bodyfat, but water weight and stomach content.
    Your body does not process food that quickly, so the number on the scale will be a 'false/negative' reading.

As mentioned before, forget this one and move on. Try to make sure it does not happen again, but if it does, you probably want to change your regimine.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    you did not gain any weight any movement on the scale is waste in your body and possibly water retention

just move on dont punish yourself and eat at a normal reasonable intake tomorrow

high calorie days happen because that is life sometimes you just need it
  • dawnmarie1012
    Options
    :) thanks y'all. I won't weigh myself until Sunday (I usually weigh in once a week). And tomorrow I will try to go to sleep by 10pm to avoid this night-eating. I think I'm going to try turning off my phone at 10 too so I can't have any distractions before I fall asleep (like text messages from my ex out of no where leading to my stress eating session).