Need support

Options
Hi - I just want to request some support and motivation. I just had my second baby 3&1/2 months ago and cant seem to get back on track with my diet and fitness regimine. Will I ever get there!!?? I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe. Help me stay motivated so I can get back into my clothes and feel good about myself agian. Thanks!

Replies

• CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    You can do it! Just try your best and stay focused. Whenever I'm feeling down about a slow progress week, I just think on the alternative. I know I'm doing good things now for my body, and that it's just gonna take time to get to where I want to be.
  • lainieg
    lainieg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    well i had my baby 3 1/2 YEARS ago and i am just now slimming down. i didnt have the support, but you do. we are all here for you. good luck, if you need us we are all here.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My baby is 12 months and I just started in January to finally get motivated, b/c my hubby woulf diet with me, then we'd get off it...etc. and I had a hard time finidng time to exercise with 4 little ones, but now I have a plan and a regime, and i'm getting the weight off!!! You can do it..this site is great for motyivation, support and..understanding(?) Alot of us are there, or have been there, and we want to help :)
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer that if you set your mind to it you can make it happen.

I had a major stroke in 2009 (at 27!) and it has been an uphill battle since trying to get healthier. I am finally able to function normally again so it's time to take it to the next level. The meds I was initially on caused me to gain nearly 90 pounds so I am 90 pounds heavier than I was before the stroke - and I was already considerably overweight. I have lost almost 30 of those additional 90 simply by being off the meds (they weren't essential and I had my drs OK) but I still have an extra 60 pounds before I even start to make progress on what I weighed in two years ago to reach my doctor recommended goal weight.

My girlfriend suggested this site to me and I love it so far - I've only been here since this morning - but my biggest hurdle, aside from my physical limitations, is staying motivated. I hope this message board and the people I interact with will help with that.
  • plantbasedbreezy
    plantbasedbreezy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 5 YEARS old! I've only just gotten under my pregnancy weight (from the day I had him). And I am finally nearing my pre pregnancy weight. You CAN do this. If you don't have a buddy system in place, get a buddy here. It's easier to stick to a plan when you're not the only person holding yourself accountable.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

There are lots of challenge groups and specialized support threads here. Try to find one that seems to fit you and join in wherever they are.

You'll be able to make virtual friendships, and have people to be in contact with frequently. It works!

• minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    My baby is 3 year & I'm still trying to lose the weight, thought if I don't do it now I never will, so if you want to add me you can & we can help eachother.
  • John090671
    John090671 Posts: 13
    Options
    You could do it....everyone on this site knows you can.