MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:ohwell: Small changes can result in big results!!:ohwell:

FOR THE WEEK OF: May 15 to May 21, 2011

Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!
You choose what one/or more things you want to work on this week. Don't set them tooo high or unreachable, but something you need to work on.

:flowerforyou: Motivation for Weight Loss :flowerforyou:

One small step at a time
You will reach your goal for sure if you break a complicated task into small actionable steps. Do just one step at a time. To get started, choose something you know you can do easily. That can get the ball rolling for getting more done. These small steps will get you where you need to go.

:tongue: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or get back on track, like me? :tongue:

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request.

:drinker: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm new at this so what do I need to do?

Thanks!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I really NEED motivation & support!!

Thank all of you who continue to be my friend, even during my worst of times!!

This week goals

:drinker: ~Strive for Five~:drinker:

1. THINK POSITIVE!
    2. Journal Food Daily
    3. Stay within calories 6/7 days
    4. Wear Pedometer & up my steps daily
    5. Post on message board daily

I don't like choosing so many, BUT I need to get back on track, and seems I need to do this........... Most are very reachable and just that push to keep me going.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

I SMELLLLLLLLLLLLL SUMMER VACATION JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm in!! And I'll "friend" you as well. My weekly goal this week is to run 3X this week, and to walk 5 miles 3X this week. (I've started the C25K challenge, I'm going to repeat week 1 only because it's KILLING my legs - this fat girl hasn't "run" for 25years!!)
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Sure, I'm new at this so what do I need to do?

Thanks!

:flowerforyou: Welcome Kat!!

Pick something that you want to work on this week to help you reach a healthy lifestyle. It could be to add exercise, or to eat more fruits & veggies. Maybe drink 8 glasses water daily. Whatever YOU need to work on that will help you become more healthy. I have been having a rough few weeks. LOL I am upping mine to 5 simple goals in hopes to REFOCUS!!

Good Luck!!
    You will find the people here are very motivated and very caring & supportive. :love:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'm in!! And I'll "friend" you as well. My weekly goal this week is to run 3X this week, and to walk 5 miles 3X this week. (I've started the C25K challenge, I'm going to repeat week 1 only because it's KILLING my legs - this fat girl hasn't "run" for 25years!!)

:flowerforyou: Hello & welcome Grace!! I probably missed you last week since I was having one BIG PITY PARTY!!

I am back!!

That is a GREAT goal and I bet those legs had a real workout last week. Be sure to take care of them and do your warm ups & cool downs!! :-)
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey Dee! I'm in this week. I moved my daughter home from college last week, and find that I've been letting my new healthier eating slide while trying to make her favorites that she hasn't had in a while. My goals this week are to get my eating back on track and to try and do more strength training. 29lbs lost is great; but now I notice more sagging...uuggh!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Here I am again going to try for 12 miles this week. Have some appointments this week again may not be able to get my walks in over lunch so that means I will have to get on the treadmill at home! Can I get some help with focus too. Who will bust my butt when I don't get a walk in!?!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Hello, Now that my vacation is over, I need to get back to my regular routine! I will be going for 450min of exercise ;)
    Welcome to all the new faces, glad you could join us!
    Good luck everyone, we can do this =)
  • cwalshcm
    cwalshcm Posts: 9
    Options
    Ahhhhhh Miss Dee: how I need your support!

Dr. says I must walk 30 mins a day, 6 days a week, sounds easy and yet as soon as someone tells me "you have to" I get that old "you won't tell me what to do" thing going on.

But, I am in, so I am going for a walk, 6x a day, if too humid outside I will go to the Mall or do a walking dvd inside the house.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the new faces and welcome back Dee & crazy quilter!
    I'm in... but only until Thursday (I leave for vacation on Thursaday). My goal work out each day until i leave for at least 35 minutes.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    w/b miss dee! good to see ya again.

mine will be to go to the gym everyday this week and lose at least 2 lbs
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! We've missed you so!

Last week I became ill on Wednesday and I'm still a bit under the weather. However, I think I can start exercising again - I just have to be careful I don't hack up a lung while doing it! LOL Maybe I'll just do some stretching and yoga. However, being sick made me drink green tea (decaf) and I think that seriously helped me in curbing my appetite and shedding 4 pounds(!!!) in a matter of days. Crazy...

So my work competition ends today and since beginning my journey on March 7th I've lost 47.6 pounds. My goal was to lose 40 by today so I feel really accomplished and proud of myself!

My goals this week:
    150 minutes of exercise.
    Lose 2-3 pounds.
    Stay under 1800mg of sodium 4/7 days.
  • jhamlin6668
    jhamlin6668 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my first time being a part of the one week challenge. I'm so glad Dee started it. I just joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I have eaten more fruits and veggies in the past two weeks than I have done in the last two years. All I ate was chocolate (a family sized pan of brownies in less than a day) or a whole bag of Dove chocolates in one sitting, fast food, you name it. I would eat until I was uncomfortable every time I ate.

Since I am starting from such an unhealthy place I'm not going to over commit myself and then feel like a failure.

My goal: Drink 4 glasses of water 6/7 days

5' 10"
    Heaviest weight: 335
    SW: 294
    CW: 285
    GW: 180
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME JHAMLIN!!

Trust me, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! Just this past week, I ate an entire bag of chips all by myself. Kept praying that hubby would not have notied. Just kept going back and sneaking hands full! :-( and I KNOW better!! ummmm well at least I thought I did!!

Good Luck!! You CAN do it!! Look at that Suz go on reaching her goals. soooo quickly too!!

I really thinkthat making small changes is what works. At least I kep coming back when I mess up! LOL But I seem to mess up so often.

Sorry Suz that you were ill. I have that stuff too. The cough drives me crazy!!!!!! grrrrrrr

OK I smell fresh coffee and I am freezing tonight!!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options

So my work competition ends today and since beginning my journey on March 7th I've lost 47.6 pounds. My goal was to lose 40 by today so I feel really accomplished and proud of myself!

Suz that is amazing!!! What an accomplishment!!!!
  • scaatynj
    scaatynj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goals are to do the stationary bike at least 4 times this week and the pilates tape at least twice.

I walked my butt off in the city today and my knees are really feeling it. They remind me why I need to lose this weight!
  • scaatynj
    scaatynj Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Congrats on meeting your goal!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    So I didn't do a true work out today. I meant to get a bike ride in, but you know how life goes! I did get in about 40 minutes of walking today, between laundry, house cleaning, shopping for the week, I feel pretty good about that.

Have a wonderful night everyone. Let's keep our short term goals going!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Monday night check-in: 20 minutes of standing abdominals today... still trying to kick this cold! Ugh!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I agree MAK!! Let's keep our weekly goals going!!

Today was rough for me. We eat lunch at 10:30 a.m. and I had to take hubby to doctors after work. Then I needed to pick up some supplies for work. Sooooooooooooo we were so hungry and the Chinese Restaurant was along the way.

Need I say anymore? I guessed my calories. and am praying this is my ONLY over calorie day. Then I will keep my goals for the week. phew......

Monday Night reporting

~Strive for Five~
    1. THINK POSITIVE! ✔ I think I can, I KNOW I can!!
    2. Journal Food Daily ✔ it's in there............ most anyway!
    3. Stay within calories 6/7 days ✔ today's my over day
    4. Wear Pedometer & up my steps daily ✔ yesterday was only 918 cus I had to replace the battery and I around 7,000 now.
    5. Post on message board daily✔ here I am!!
    Today:5/5