Feeling discouraged

Options
I'm feeling a little down today. I Just wish I could loose weight as quickly as I gained it;( Idk why I'm feeling this way today

Replies

• erincricket
    erincricket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because the weight bothers you I imagine. My weight bothers me too, but I realize I have to be in this for the long haul so that the day will come went I won't hate to try on clothes in the dressing room or hide in the back of pictures so I won't be seen. I totally understand where are coming from. It's normal to feel this way. The beauty of MFP is that you can curb the unhappiness by writing down what you eat, that control factor helps me not be so down about my weight. Rome wasn't built in a day, and you don't want to take off the weight fast. Slow and steady wins the race. It does get better, and the weight will come off. I'll pray you aren't so discouraged tomorrow.
  • shinaynaye
    shinaynaye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am discouraged too. I've been working our since Jan 18 not eating more than 1200 calories a day and have flucuated up and down by 2 lbs. talked to my doctor he said it was the medications and I wouldn't lose weight. Awesome.
    Keep your eye on the prize! You have a chance, go get 'em! Good luck my friend :)
  • purplerose8877
    Options
    You got this!!! You can do it!! :)
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way so often. It's so sad that weight is easy to put on and difficult to take off. Hang in there and don't give up. You can do this!
  • australianna
    australianna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That thought comes into my mind everyday. I am happy that I have stuck to this since December. I have only lost 12 lbs but I do feel so much better doing it this way. Just stick to it and you will feel better. Slow is better.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Slow & steady. I think it only feels like we gain weight overnight (unless you are pregnant or have a medical condition). It took me 10 months to put on 30 lbs. Just 3 lbs a month. I just ignored it. Wore more skirts. Bought tunics.

Hopefully you feel more in control now. You have a plan. That's encouraging. You are not helpless. :)
  • kawinger
    kawinger Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's all part of the process; everyone has these days. But you started this for a reason and you can stick with it! You've got this.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you understand how weight loss works by doing a bit of research, then you get a better perspective on things and that would prevent an awful lot of people getting downhearted because their expectations are unreasonable. Stick at it OP just keep doing the right things an it will ccome off as long as you are at an accurate deficit.

I believe in your plan you should have small achievable tragets, which add up and keep you feeling you are making progress.

Also dont just use weight as the sole measure, tape measure, how you look, gym performance are all alternatives which you can make progress in.

Sometimes you have to look after yourself though, so if you are feeling a bit meh cut yourself a bit of slack. its just part of your journey.
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The discouragement is just your old self saying it was easier to not pay attention to what you were eating and to not focus on improving yourself.

Shut that whining, self-pitying, not happy with herself, idiot up with some honest to God "You Got This!" attitude.

I have to remind myself each day that the person I was is not the person I want to continue to be.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You've got this. As long as you're working at it, you're in the game and will be successful.
  • valknnedy891
    valknnedy891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to focus on how I feel and how I look. Trying to stay off the scale.....Exercise and weight training has helped me alot. Also surrounding myself with people who are working on healthy living like me really helps too! Consistency is the key.
  • ashleybarnette1986
    ashleybarnette1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    no one is perfect skinny girls want butts and big girls want abs ive been on both sides... try making high expectation goals everyday dealing with your diet and follow thru it will make you feel much better im loosing slowly and it bugs me i have a man here going you need more cals and will practicly force feed me if i dont take in what my dr said is healthy you can do what ever you put your mind to keep trying it will happen for you
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You probably didn't gain it as fast as you think. Everyone wants this to go faster. Start doing other things with your life besides concentrating on your food.
  • Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are absolutely gorgeous, and have a beautiful smile. Thank you so much for brightening my day with that great profile pic. Don't worry about being discouraged. We all get there, and you will handle this. You made it this far! Keep moving forward! :)
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Keep reading the msny success stories on these forums. They represent so many people with diverse health issues - thyroid, cancer, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, etc...many on different meds...yet they reached their goal albiet slowly but they got there and you can too if you work your plan ;)
  • MEmomof3
    MEmomof3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I feel the same exact way. I'm definitely lacking in motivation and support at this moment. Seems to be so much work to achieve my goals and on occasion I just think I want to give up. But I always remember the goal at the end, and how awesome it will feel when I finally get there. It may seem like a long way away, but I want to get there so badly that sometimes it helps to remember that. Don't give up, you'll get there, just like I know I will eventually if I keep my eyes on the prize.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kawinger wrote: »
    It's all part of the process; everyone has these days. But you started this for a reason and you can stick with it! You've got this.

Exactly this. Most people feel like this at some point. I'm on here regularly telling people to be patient, slow and steady wins the race, etc. but I too have days when I think "ugh, when will I get there?" You can do it, though. You're doing well so far, just keep it up :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little down today. I Just wish I could loose weight as quickly as I gained it;( Idk why I'm feeling this way today
    Too high of expectations and trying quick fix weight loss programs with no results.
    Realize that the body is VERY efficient at storage and not as efficient when giving up energy. That's why it's so much easier to gain weight than lose it for the general population.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Be encouraged! Don't let anyone get in the way of that. Your body will resist weight loss from time to time and that's okay. As you begin to hit milestones, you will begin to believe that it's all worth it!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    shinaynaye wrote: »
    I am discouraged too. I've been working our since Jan 18 not eating more than 1200 calories a day and have flucuated up and down by 2 lbs. talked to my doctor he said it was the medications and I wouldn't lose weight. Awesome.
    Keep your eye on the prize! You have a chance, go get 'em! Good luck my friend :)

I am sorry to hear this. I can't give expert advice, but am tempted to say that your doctor is wrong. Do some research, get a second opinion, keep moving forward!