The New Power 90 - Tony Horton and Beachbody!

Options
So I have just started the 'new" Power 90 by Tony. I did several rounds of the old one and decided to order and try the new one. It just became available in the last month or two. Has one tried it or plan on trying it?

Replies

• dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm just about to start the new Power 90. I did the older one as well. I had 70 days down,and did see loss of about 18 lbs, and of course, life happened :neutral_face: How's it been going for you? Pros/ Cons? Are you doing the diet plan as well?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey I am back at it with Power 90! I did a three week jump start of sorts with Jillian Michaels. Now I am ready to commit to Power 90. I am working this week as sculpt and next week as sweat! I am continuing with my healthy eating and drinking my water.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The new P90 seems like a more modern and slightly more intense version of the classic Power 90.......it's a pretty decent program.
  • lobster888
    Options
    I agree but I am only on the first phase. Tony is still goofy, that didn't change. I did the original power 90 and the master series several times. I like a 30 -45 min workout. I get bored with workouts so I have to switch it up. I am planning to do the 21 day fix extreme challenge group in March. It's new from beachbody and gets released on Feb. 2nd. Enjoy your program!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    lobster888 wrote: »
    I get bored with workouts so I have to switch it up.

Oh, good, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    I have several programs, like P90X, Insanity, Les Mills Combat, etc, but I have never been able to complete one of their accompanying calendars.......not from giving up, but from boredom.

I created a randomizer in Microsoft Excel, and all of my workouts are plugged in. Every day when I open the Excel file, it picks a specific workout from any of the programs at random, and that's the workout I do.

So far, it's the only regiment that I have stuck with faithfully.

• luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lobster 888 I plan on buying 21 day fix extreme when it comes out and for sure would love group encouragement. Is there a March group already set up?
    (sorry to hijack)
  • lobster888
    edited February 2015
    Options
    We can still do a group on here ... I would love some support for this ... Oh and I am glad you hijacked!!!

Hey Jeremy, I have done alot of Jillian Michaels dvd. I have a whole collection. I have stuck to a 90 program but when I am done I really switch it up. lol I also take classes at a local gym, and walk a lot. hey maybe you should do the 21 day fix extreme...it's only 21 days!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    So today I started on the 2nd phase of power 90 "B" ! I did sculpt! I feel pretty good about it and could do all the moves! Looking forward to sweat tomorrow!
    Hope everyone else is doing good!!!
  • Shanahoo
    Shanahoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For the peeps that have both the old and new-- is the new one different enough to justify buying both?

I have old Power 90 and I really love it. I thought about getting the new one, but don't want to spend that kind of money for the same exercises in a different order, ya know?
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hey, Shanahoo, I am only on the 2nd phase of the New power 90 and really like it. I may not be the best one to answer if the new one is worth the money. I can only tell you it was worth the money to me because I need change and motivation and right now I can afford a change in the DVD's. There was a time when I had to beg borrow and steal workout dvd;s (ok not steal) but you know what I mean. So, if you don't have the extra money, stick with the original and keep at it. Its a great workout and will get you results. It all depends on what needs you are filling.... Hope that helps!
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did a round of Power 90 last year and lost around 30 lbs. I've had muscle definition. I saw my abs popping out. My forearms, chest, legs, etc... everything had muscle showing. Then things happened in life and I stopped. I regretted it. Then I decided to try P90 as soon as it came out. I was excited to try it. When I first tried it, I hated it. Some of the moves are very different from original Power 90. I felt like a circus monkey with some of those moves. I did 2 days of it and sent it back for a full refund. Tony was great, so no complaints there. I just really did not like the moves. Especially the ones with the bands and the door attachment. I'm not saying it's a bad program or it doesn't work, but I hated everything about it. I'm back with original Power 90, because I feel comfortable with it and I know that it works for me.
  • lobster888
    Options
    I back to the last two week of the new power 90. I stopped to do a challenge group for 21 fix extreme. I just finished up with that so I am finishing the power 90. The truth --- it's a breeze after the 21 fix extreme. LOL I still like. Sorry you weren't too impressed with it russellvolk but as least you got a refund. It's good to stick with what you like.. Good luck !
  • lobster888
    Options
    So, I am doing pretty good with the last of Power 90! I seemed to have step right back in. Feeling stronger!
  • lobster888
    Options
    So I was up and at it this morning for my last week of Power 90! My back is feeling so much better that I able to work a little harder without pain. yeah!
  • lobster888
    Options
    So I have completed the new Power 90 workout. I did switch in two other short program but completed the full Power 90. My result are sum of all, started in Nov. 2014 I lost 10 pounds and 3 inches in my waist alone. I followed clean healthy eating with a very dialed in 21 fix extreme once during that time. So until I figure out my next program I am doing random dvd that I have. Hope everyone is doing good!
  • llouaa
    llouaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the old Power 90 and I am bored with it. Is it worth getting the new P90? How is it different from the old version?

• emilyj613
    emilyj613 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do the new P90 and I really like it! It's worth it to me!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Well, I love new and different workouts because I get a little bored. I happen to love the new P90 and I think it's worth it. I do my dvd programs a lot so switching them out really keeps me motivated and interested. It's different because it's a little more up to date and it use the resistance band. I think I like the circuits a little more. I always like Tony, he's still goofy!!