21 Day Fix/21 Day Fix Extreme Group

Options
is there a group for this? I couldnt find one so i created a group for those who are starting their 21 day fix regular or extreme version. Open to all.

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    is there a group for this? I couldnt find one so i created a group for those who are starting their 21 day fix regular or extreme version. Open to all.

I just ordered this morning. Been thinking on doing whole 30 but this seems more doable. So I am in.
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just started my second round today! I love this program. Easy, easy to follow and I love the workouts, too.
  • FatFreeIn2015
    FatFreeIn2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On day 2. I like it so far.
  • bodanoki418
    Options
    On day one today
  • jenn_0324
    Options
    Just did day 1. This is my second go-round with the program, loved it!
  • Werenumberone
    Options
    I am thinking about doing this 21 day fix program. If anyone has done it, what are the pros and cons? What are your results? Are the workouts everyday?
  • shoggatt
    shoggatt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and am still getting used to the containers so kind of 1/2 way doing it now
  • hartdawson
    hartdawson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how you put the videos into the exercise portion of fitness pal
  • raygen12
    raygen12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hartdawson wrote: »
    I am wondering how you put the videos into the exercise portion of fitness pal

That's what I am wondering
  • karebear111
    Options
    I use "circuit training - general" when I input most days - except for the pilates and yoga days. I'm sure the counts are not correct, but it's okay - the goal is to follow the plan as laid out and I only track on here because I feel like it helps me to be accountable.
  • sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    today is my first day with 21day fix
  • Kimo0590
    Kimo0590 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Omg. My first was good but the pain afterwards...I can barely get in and out of my car and steps forgetaboutit
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started the 21dfx last week. Missed a few days due to our daughter and granddaughter visiting. But am committing completely to week 2 starting yesterday.

Feel free to add me and we can help each other stay on track and motivated! :)

Btw... Last week I lost 3.8lbs. Yay! Only 21 more to go.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Come on people! There is NO HUMANLY POSSIBLE WAY to get the results they are claiming in only 21 days. None. Nada. Zilch. You can't lose 100lbs in 21 days (that's 4.5lbs per day). You can't get six pack abs in 21 days.

Even the reviews are fake--people are more likely to return to review a product negatively in order to punish the seller and/or warn other potential buyers off, than they are to return to leave positive feedback. Even if 94% of all users loved this product, the user review page would still skew higher with negative reviews. It's human nature. The fact that they are touting a 94% positive review rate shows the program is dishonest.

Wanna get in shape cheap? Start with the FREE ZenLabs C25K app. Follow it daily, on the off days, ride your bike for 30 minutes. Use MyFitnessPals calorie log--and stick to it. I lost 30lbs in 6 MONTHS (not days).

There is no magic pill. You can't undo a lifestyle or get back your bikini body with $60 and a 21-day workout.

• karebear111
    Options
    You are right. There is no magic pill. 21 Day Fix is not a magic pill. The containers are a gimmick - but if it helps people with their portion control and gets people off the couch? What's the harm? And how is it hurting you and your goals? There is no way to lose 100lbs in 21 days - as you mentioned. And losing 20-30 lbs is very very unlikely in just 21 days, too! However, I did use it - and I did lose a modest 5 lbs (~1.5 lbs per week) - over 3 weeks. That is reasonable weight loss. That being said - it's a sound program. Pricey? Yes. Gimmicky? Yes. But can it work if you are willing to do the work? Yes. Modest weight loss and a motivator to get people off the couch? Yes. Magic? No.
    - Just like any other program you have done, you have to put the work in to get the results you're looking for. Can you reach all of your fitness or weight loss goals in 21 days? No!
    - You have to work at it over time! (Just like you mentioned.) I'm sure there are reviews out there that are exaggerated, but people posting on here, looking for real people who've done the work, want to know what kind of results people have gotten. My results have not been as extreme as some claim, but I do have positive results and I enjoy the workouts. That's what I'd want to know before I buy something.
    - However, the negativity of the poster above is uncalled for. And discouraging people away from something that they themselves have never tried is not a way to support and encourage others. It's okay to question many of the reviews - some of them are completely unbelievable. What I would encourage anyone to do - whether you're looking at this program or any other, is to do your homework. Then decide, based on multiple reviews and data showing what real people (and not the coaches who are making money on the product sales) experienced. Fair enough?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I was looking at this the other day and while the containers seem like a really good idea, they also seem extremley unrealistic for most situations. For example, let's say you are going to have some kind of Chicken for dinner, with some kind of sauce on top and maybe some other toppings. While each of the components may fit into your plan, if you are cooking for people other than just yourself, you can't exactly measure everything once it is cooked and assembled. And who wants to cut up their chicken into pieces to fit it into the container after it is cooked? To me, a scale just seems much more realistic and useful.
    The only thing the containers are really good for is getting good portion sizes for some fruits and vegetables - not all of them. And what about foods that don't neccessarily fit into one of those categories. For example, if you want to eat a granola bar for breakfast, how do you put that into a container?? And if you can't use them for everything, then what's the point of them at all?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i would like you to identify EXACTLY what is a scam about it?

the 21 day fix does NOT promise to fix all your problems like a magic pill in 21 days. it DOES mean that the workouts cycle through in 21 days. THAT is where the name came from, NOT some ripoff promise that you're making up - i have never heard outrageous claims about it whatsoever. it is obvious both by common sense and by explicit statement from the company that results will vary AND people who have gone through major weight losses have gone through multiple cycles of workouts and ate according to the recommended measuring cups of food types. they aren't magic containers, they're measuring cups with a lid. so if i fill up a green container twice (non-starchy veg), a red container once (chicken) and an orange container (dressing), dump that all in a bowl and toss it - guess what, i have a salad! MAGIC ISN'T IT!!!!

wait, no. that's not magic, that's using measuring cups just as you would if you were tracking any other way.

the fact that some of us like a plan that we are on does NOT mean we are sales people. i happen to love isagenix shakes. i do not sell them. and i don't care what you think of them because i'm not selling you any. does this make me a scammer? no. it means i drink the occasional shake as a meal replacement. you don't have to. you do what works for you and let us do what works for us.

get off it. seriously.
  • karebear111
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    i would like you to identify EXACTLY what is a scam about it?

the 21 day fix does NOT promise to fix all your problems like a magic pill in 21 days. it DOES mean that the workouts cycle through in 21 days. THAT is where the name came from, NOT some ripoff promise that you're making up - i have never heard outrageous claims about it whatsoever. it is obvious both by common sense and by explicit statement from the company that results will vary AND people who have gone through major weight losses have gone through multiple cycles of workouts and ate according to the recommended measuring cups of food types. they aren't magic containers, they're measuring cups with a lid. so if i fill up a green container twice (non-starchy veg), a red container once (chicken) and an orange container (dressing), dump that all in a bowl and toss it - guess what, i have a salad! MAGIC ISN'T IT!!!!

wait, no. that's not magic, that's using measuring cups just as you would if you were tracking any other way.

the fact that some of us like a plan that we are on does NOT mean we are sales people. i happen to love isagenix shakes. i do not sell them. and i don't care what you think of them because i'm not selling you any. does this make me a scammer? no. it means i drink the occasional shake as a meal replacement. you don't have to. you do what works for you and let us do what works for us.

get off it. seriously.

^^^ Yes! This.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My lovely wife and I are on the 3rd day of the 21 Day Fix Extreme. It's so helpful to have a partner at home doing it with you. I can not testify to results yet, I hope to post some soon.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    19umhz0507vm.png

I am in the 1900 to 2100 calories a day bracket. I use the containers but also weight the food and calculate the macro nutrients. I am under eating a bit, but I am so happy I am hitting my protein needs to the T, not to mention the low fat consumption. I don't use the 21 day Fix Workout, I use the Ultimate Diet 2 exercise routines. Current body weight 194 @18% Body Fat. I am above average muscular, but want to bring %body fat down.