At Home Exercise Ideas?

Options
mocadet95
mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had a good exercise routine for girls with either pear or hour glass body shapes! I am looking for something I can easily do at home in my limited free time between college classes! Any help or suggestions are welcomed! My goal is to tone up my arms, tummy area, hips and legs.. Basically everything. Thanks!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender - over 400 free workout videos, lots of variety, all levels.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can also get workouts from your library. Does your college have a gym?
  • mocadet95
    mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can also get workouts from your library. Does your college have a gym?
    Yeah it does! It just closes normally before I can go. But I didn't think of it but during my lunch break I can probably squeeze in a quick workout.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You could check out Blogilates. It's free on YouTube, and there's also a whole workout schedule you can get free on the site. The videos are short (you aim to do several in a day) and so easy to work in to a tight schedule.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lots of free workout here:

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/

Cardio, strength, kickboxing, dance....
  • BillyJeAn12
    Options
    Try adding a 30 day squat, plank, arm plan into your day it's quick easy to fit in and you can do it even away from home.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    You could check out Blogilates. It's free on YouTube, and there's also a whole workout schedule you can get free on the site. The videos are short (you aim to do several in a day) and so easy to work in to a tight schedule.

Such a good recommendation, shes great!
  • sarahtiffany23
    sarahtiffany23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like BodBot. It's an app/website that gives you exercise plans based on your goals, the equipment available to you, time, and ability.
  • lligocki
    lligocki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently addicted to fitness blender. They have over 400 free videos. I have been purchasing 4-8 week plans from them for $5. Takes all the thinking out of it for me and every day is different, so it's motivating. You can re-use the plans over and over.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can do squats, lunges, push ups,plank, tricep dips just about anywhere and don't need equipment. If you have stairs, run those. When I was working I would take walks, or jump rope on breaks.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This guy:

http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/plank-progression.html

http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/exercise-progressions_12.html

It can be kind of intimidating at first, but here's a for-example progression for pushups:

Wall push-ups -- performed standing
    Hands & knees -- hips elevated
    Hands & knees -- hips in line
    Negatives -- lower yourself from a standard push-up position

Anyway it continues from there but the point is that you can do lots and lots with bodyweight stuff at basically any ability level. If you can't do a pushup, don't hop right in with standard pushups. Take a few weeks (or longer!) and work your way up to them.

You can do strength training at home; it doesn't have to be all burpees and mountain climbers. And you don't have to be able to bust out 25 pushups in a row. Break it down into sets -- that's true of any of these bodyweight exercises. I'm just using push-ups as an example.
  • Clarise25
    Options
    What is a good workout/exercise for a heavy top woman who is losing weight and starting to sag? I also have breastfed three children