Raw till 4 test

Options
Hi, I am going to test the Raw till 4 diet out. Basically I will be mostly fruititarian and animal product free. My last checkup was over 300 on my HDL Cholestorol and the LDL was so low they couldnt detect it.

I am 27 and I have sleep apnea, high blood pressure and cholesterol. I will try to update this post on a weekly basis every Monday so if anyone wants to see the results they can.

Replies

• tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luvk. I'm on raw till 4 too! Love it.
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah good luck ... I'm sure you'll see an positive impact quite quickly. Lots of reading out there to back up the outstanding nutritional qualities of going RAW as much as possible. I'm cheering for ya!
  • BialaChmurka
    Options
    Good luck! :smile:
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Going from S.A.D. to raw is tough. I tried that transition two years ago. Please make sure you are eating enough! I am no longer raw, mainly because it got pricey and I have a family to feed, but we all are still vegan.

Will you be using MFP to count your calories? Even if you find it unsustainable (we can't all be Freelee and Durian) MFP is a great tool, and counting calories is working for many of us. Just putting that out there. Good luck!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I hope you find what works for you. But remember that some people are predispoed to high cholesterol, which cannot always be controlled by diet; my partner is a long-term vegan but he sill has high cholesterol.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    You probably mean your HDL was so low they couldn't detect it and your LDL was 300.....hate to break this to you but eating cholesterol isn't why your HDL is that low....... foods with cholesterol actually increase your HDL.....as far as diet is concerned eating strictly plant food will not increase your HDL......losing weight and exercise is your best bet.
  • LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm on an 80% vegan, about 40-50% raw diet. I find I still have to watch my calories but feel much better and look younger (unless I'm deluding myself) than I did five years ago when I started.
  • queenecila
    queenecila Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am dying to try that lifestyle but am currently an exchange student living in a host family, doing the best I can. Share your results with us!