Water ?

Options
So does anyone find that drinking the 2 litres of water a day actually helps your weight loss?

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    As opposed to...?

Yes. When you're well hydrated your body runs more efficeintly.
  • JuliaY89
    JuliaY89 Posts: 3
    Options
    It will also make you feel more full if you are having issues with still feeling hungry after eating (drinking before helps too!).
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Being hydrated beats the heck out of passing out from dehydration! :)

Your body can sometimes confuse thirst with hunger, by staying well hydrated that has little chance of happening. Other than that, there is no weight loss from drinking water.
  • mimikins2412
    mimikins2412 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Definitely water can help you feel full. I also find that drinking enough water helps to keep me regular and hydration does wonders for your skin. I see it as benefiting overall health as opposed to being specifically for weight loss. If you are increasing your exercise as part of your weight loss plan, then drinking enough water is crucial!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Drinking enough water isn't going to effect weight loss (other than possibly tricking your stomach into thinking it's full if you drink a lot at once) but it sure is important for overall health. I rarely drink 2 liters of pure water each day but I definitely get in about a gallon in liquids during a day. Dehydration is nothing to mess with especially when you live in a hot, dry climate like I do.
  • beige2012
    beige2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is a helpful article on how water helps with weight loss http://www.coachcalorie.com/drinking-enough-water-is-the-secret-to-fat-loss/
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    beige2012 wrote: »
    This is a helpful article on how water helps with weight loss http://www.coachcalorie.com/drinking-enough-water-is-the-secret-to-fat-loss/

Thank you :)
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone