BeachBody T25

Options
2»

Replies

• JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm starting next Monday, though call me crazy but I'm going to double up and do P90X3 alongside it too! 6 days of double workouts and 1 day doing a single. I am going to do all 3 phases of T25 and the whole thing should take me 13 weeks. I didn't pay full price for it either and shop around for a good protein shake powder when I need one plus I try and eat enough protein, fruit and veg as well as fibre. I also take a multivitamin and Omega 3 every day. Shakeology and the whole coaching concept is just about MLM. I have been fooled into buying into the idea of MLM by companies in the past but this time managed to see through it though I think the products they're selling ie. The workouts are great.
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love T25! (When I'm not hating it... mostly while I'm dripping sweat during total body circuit) Just started week 3 of alpha and I actually look forward to my workouts, which I have NEVER said in my 45 years! We also got ours cheaper on Craigslist. I think $75- so worth it!

I make my own shakes for breakfast and balance my eating throughout the day, tracking with MFP. I still treat myself- a little chocolate every day, (homemade) pizza every week, etc.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    My sister got T25 and wasn't using it so I have borrowed it. I started on Saturday. I loved the Cardio and Speed was good. I have awful knees so am modifying mostly. I had a bit of trouble with Total Body Circuit (planks) but guess that may become easier. I found a T25 calculator but deduct some calories because I modify so much, though have no trouble keeping up with Tania. Still it is a really good workout and it's done in a bearable amount of time. I like it very much actually and never feel like I am being yelled out or urged to do more than I can. I feel like I can do this and will eventually see some results and improvement in my abilities. As long as I am moving and trying I figure it's all good.
  • gina2423
    gina2423 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 of the alpha cycle today. I love that there's a different workout everyday unlike Jillian Michaels which I started with thinking she would get me in shape a bit, but this is killer. OMG, total body circuit... Who's great idea was it to put that on a Monday after a rest day!! Definitely worth the ebay price which included the gamma cycle. No coach & no shakeology for me, fruit & veggie smoothie with protein powder works just fine. Weight loss seems a bit sluggish so far but I didn't follow the meal plan, just MFP, but I can tell I have more muscle now.
  • Lablady22
    Lablady22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started week four of alpha today. I am LOVING it. I wear a hrm when I workout and always burn at least a minimum of 300 with alpha. I was feeling a little frustrated that the scale wasn't moving but finally at the end of week three the scale is going down. I'm also down almost three inches off my waist at my belly button. I'm not finished yet, but so far I highly recommend t-25. I do not use shakeology and though I have a coach I don't use her.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Today I was slated to do AB Intervals (Alpha). It did not go well. All this up and down off the mat and some of the moves were heck on my wretched knees. I could not even follow Tania. So I stopped before I killed myself and moved on to Lower Focus which went much better. Have to work on my balance though. I think for now I am going to have to modify the program and just do Alpha Cardio, Speed 1.0, Lower Body and the Stretching disc. And when I feel stronger attempt the AB and Body Circuit again. So I guess I will be in Alpha mode for a while. Depending on how it goes, I may do cardio every day and alternate Speed and Lower Focus as second workouts. I am disappointed that I couldn't do better. I really do like the three workouts I can do. The time goes quickly and I sweat a lot. lower Focus kicks my butt, too, which, I guess is the point!
  • wbaxter11
    wbaxter11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing T-25? Thnxx
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    wbaxter11 wrote: »

It all depends on how much effort you put in & your size and if you take any breaks. I don't usually do any of the modifiers and keep up with most of them, on the "easiest" work outs it's around 250 and I've burned as many as 400 according to my heart rate monitor. Though, I know those aren't 100% accurate either.
  • mhanispeedy
    mhanispeedy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ^i think 1000 calories
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Google the T25 calculator, plug in your weight, the routine you were doing and your level of intensity and it should give you a general idea.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I borrowed it last April from my co-worker and loved it! She had an extra copy of Gamma, so I still do that in combination with other work outs. It's great.
  • Mkroberts3867
    Mkroberts3867 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HavtaLose wrote: »
    Purchase it from eBay for half the price. I'm on Week 4 and love it. I Iike to have a schedule for my workouts with a different workout every day, that's why I chose this. And it's just 25 mins and who doesn't have time for that?! Have you done any other workouts before? I'd recommend doing a month of any Jillian Michaels DVD first before doing this otherwise it is hard for a beginner and you'd end up following the modifier most of the time.

I don't think you need a coach. I didn't. I prefer to read around the forums here. Also Shaun does pretty good coaching in the DVD's teaching the moves so I don't know why one would need a coach.

I also purchased shakeology because I needed a protein drink and with its money back guarantee I thought hey why not try. Well, it tastes like eating chalk. I searched around here and heard from many people that you have to add more ingredients to make it taste good. But if I'm purchasing a $140 shake, I'm not going to spend more to make it edible. Just last week I packed it up and returned it. And I found a decent shake for $35 at my local health food store. So don't waste your money on Shakeology.

Agreed! Don't waste money on shakeology it wasn't pleasant to drink at all. I found 310 nutrition shake to taste a lot better for a better price! I also did the Jillian michaels DVDs to begin with and lost weight doing that before I bought P90X and insanity! Good luck!
  • MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wbaxter11 wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Google the T25 calculator, plug in your weight, the routine you were doing and your level of intensity and it should give you a general idea.

Here's the link to the calculator, for easier reference: http://www.t25calories.com/