Must lose these pounds

Options
Tmochava
Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I am back at it again trying to get this weight off me. I have a couple of trips coming up this year and I want my body to be ready for them. I'm trying to lose 25 pounds total but I want to lose 15 pounds by my cruise in May and the last 10 pounds by the end of July for my second trip. I've been back and forth so many times and I'm determined for this to be the last successful attempt. I would appreciate any friends during this time.

Replies

• MindyRW
    MindyRW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel when you say you want this to be the last time. I have more to lose, needing to lose about 80 pounds to reach the "standard"weight for my height. I'm determined this time!! Good luck on your quest...you can do it!!
  • vancouveritette
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'd like to loose weight and stick to it! My motivation is my upcoming trip in May too! :)
  • MindyRW
    Options
    I'm trying to use my family vacation as my motivator because I don't want another vacation without me in the pics!!
  • Tmochava
    Tmochava Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    MindyRW wrote: »
    I'm trying to use my family vacation as my motivator because I don't want another vacation without me in the pics!!

Exactly, I don't want another vacation pic with me looking chubby in it.
  • Terrush2004
    Terrush2004 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been battling the same weight loss problems. I need to shed a minimum of 50 pounds. I've gained 5 pounds since last November but I refuse to give up. I'm 5'8 so my weight is camouflaged but I know how heavy I am. At first I did a low carb eating plan with a calorie intake of 1850 and lost about 20 pounds. I know I probably would have doubled that loss if I was working out. Now that the 5 pounds have come back I've vowed to get on the treadmill until this Midwest weather gets better (we just had snow on Monday) and I have also dropped my calorie intake to 1200. I'm rooting for us!! We can do it!!
  • huntergirl864
    huntergirl864 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too am in the same boat. I have slowly gained and lost weight over the years. This time I plan to make it the last. I want to loose 90 pounds, down 6 so far. Joined the YMCA too this time. We all can do it!
  • MindyRW
    Options
    I had a total hysterectomy last Oct. and the weight is so much harder to get off and it is just piling on. That makes all of this even harder.
  • Terrush2004
    Terrush2004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MindyRW wrote: »
    I had a total hysterectomy last Oct. and the weight is so much harder to get off and it is just piling on. That makes all of this even harder.

I had a baby at 40 two years ago and I think I'm probably premenopausal...lol...so these pounds are really sticking to me...