GG Crispbread - Fiber Source

Options
So I am not going to say that they taste particular good. I'm not even really saying they taste much better than cardboard.

But if you need a source of super low calorie fiber in your diet, these may be your best bet. I found them selling on Amazon Prime.

What's pretty terrific about them is that they have 5g of fiber, and only 12 calories per cracker. That's an amazing ratio. I'd been having trouble meeting my fiber goals, especially because I tend to juice vegetables more than I eat them (unless I am travelling, and then I haven't been juicing). A few of these a day, whether eaten on their own, or crumbled over a salad or into a vegetable dish, easily makes up more than the difference. They aren't going to be replacing tortilla chips or pretzels anytime soon as a taste choice, but I've had worse.

Anyway, for anyone looking to add fiber, give em a try. And if you come up with any better ways to consume them, please message me. Currently, I am think about breaking them up and using them like a cereal with unsweetened almond milk.

Replies

• Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you know you're going to be eating healthy for the rest of your life, then I would suggest investing in a vitamix. It's expensive, but you get the juicing benefits along with keeping the fiber, and you end up saving more money in the long run, along with increased energy, fiber, and nutrients. I've had mine for more than 15 years........it's more than paid for itself.
  • lowkeyelv
    Options
    i have a great jack lalane juicer. whats the disinction? i juice everyday when i am not travelling for the vitamins, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    i love GG crispbread! :smile: have you tried them w/ hummus?
    btw- i think they are the most filling thing i think i've ever eaten for 12 cals in my life.
  • lowkeyelv
    Options
    i havent, but i had them with a lot of other toppings.

i just had it in a bowl, broken, with unsweetened almond milk. was like having shredded wheat for breakie.
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    they are great with melted low fat cheese! they are so dry that if you eat plain you could choke on them! but I do love them. also w/ sugar free cocoa like a cookie to dip in
  • anastasiadietitian
    anastasiadietitian Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to put peanut butter and jelly to make a sandwich. If you wrap them up and leave them in the fridge overnight, it helps soften the crackers.