Am I the only one?

Options
Does anyone else feel like they want to eat everything in sight on certain days? I'm dealing with this feeling today!

Any tips/tricks for beating this feeling? Should I up the protein of my breakfast so that it keeps me feeling fuller until lunch time?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My breakfast has protein, fat and fiber. For some people the protein by itself has staying power....not for me.

Keep experimenting. When I get like that I munch on raw veggies or air popped popcorn. Maybe it's a stress thing with me.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I occasionally feel this way. Upping the protein is definitely good with keeping cravings at bay, same with fiber.

When I feel this way, personally I like to drink lots and lots of water until I'm super full and cannot fathom having the junky, greasy food I'm craving.
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I feel like this at that time of the month. I just give in to be honest. I try to limit it to smaller amounts of whatever I fancy and work out a bit more to earn the extra calories but if I go slightly over for 2 days then so be it!
  • LiNDSEYSTUSiCK
    LiNDSEYSTUSiCK Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ayup.

You're the *only* one.

Ever.

Anywhere.

At any time in the history of dieting.

Number one tip: Just don't do that anymore, mmm-kay?

Thank you :neutral_face:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Yes.... so eat all the food up to maintenance needs or slightly above until feeling no longer occurs. Ie diet breka.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Drinking water helps. Some days I have 2 eggs with spinach for breakfast, greek yogurt for lunch.... Then the whole entire kitchen for dinner.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It definitely happens to me. I've been able to correlate it to either under-eating the day before, a high calorie burn the day before or my cycle. Some days I try to fill up with low calorie foods and sometimes I just give in and eat to maintenance. It's better than being miserable all day.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Protein can help. At least by making you feel full longer. Sometimes you just have a 'hollow' day where you just don't feel full no matter what.
    Little secret here: When I've had days like that, I've just eaten a lot. What I wanted. Over my calorie goals. One day like that won't make you gain weight, as long as it's just one day.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I was like this on Friday, I call them my "bottomless pit" days. I ate an extra big lunch (over 700 calories). That finally got rid of the gnawing hunger. (I worked out that day and still managed to stay at my goal).

I think when you're that hungry you just need to eat a bit more. If I hadn't had that extra food at lunch and tried to just ignore it, I would've made really poor food choices when I finally got home in the evening.
  • LiNDSEYSTUSiCK
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll just give in a little bit to things I want today! I worked out later in the night yesterday and burnt roughly 700 cals so maybe that's why I'm feeling so hungry to where I want to eat everything today..but I will try to up the protein and see if that does the job and if not, then I'll look for a different approach..thanks guys!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Most women I know have these days. I suspect it's hormones. On those days I tend to graze all day and never eat a meal.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I ate a microwave burger, crisps and ice cream yesterday. Still managed to stay within my goal.
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have days like this all the time, I usually find I am confusing hunger and thirst. Once I've had a drink I don't feel so hungry anymore, always feel extra full if I have a hot drink (like a Cadburys highlights hot chocolate) x
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll just give in a little bit to things I want today! I worked out later in the night yesterday and burnt roughly 700 cals so maybe that's why I'm feeling so hungry to where I want to eat everything today..but I will try to up the protein and see if that does the job and if not, then I'll look for a different approach..thanks guys!

Timing your meals and workouts is something you learn along the way. Tomorrow I have a soccer game late. I won't want to eat after (I'm just not hungry)....however I know aprox how many calories I will burn....if I don't eat them tomorrow during the day, I'll be starving all day Thursday. I could in theory yes, just save them for Thursday and eat back those calories then (it all equals out in the long run). However I find it easier to stay controlled and in my calorie limits by fueling up prior to the workout. For soccer I like to be full and fully digested prior to start of game. Running on empty just doesn't cut it for me in that situation. But I can totally lift weights in the morning before eating anything.

Time is a teacher. Trial and error. If you are really hungry, eat a little and make adjustments to do better next time :)
  • SabrinaLovesPandora
    SabrinaLovesPandora Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's me every day! :s

Still trying to get used to it and focus on not giving in.
  • vincentlovato80
    vincentlovato80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If your feeling hungry it's better to munch on fruits like grapes, Apple ex. Something that's not to heavy. Eat a big meal for breakfast or lunch but eat really light for dinner and try not to eat after 6pm if your hungry eat fruits. This helps me with my boxing training!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I plan lots and lots of healthy snacks all day so i can sit and eat continuously and still stay under my calories.
  • LiNDSEYSTUSiCK
    Options
    jellytot3 wrote: »
    I have days like this all the time, I usually find I am confusing hunger and thirst. Once I've had a drink I don't feel so hungry anymore, always feel extra full if I have a hot drink (like a Cadburys highlights hot chocolate) x

Yes I agree! Sometimes it's boredom and I think that I'm hungry but I drink water and I'm fine..today that just wasn't the case tho lol :blush:
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have my days. ;) Most of the time, though, I feel pretty satisfied.

But yes, that "huuuuuuuuuungry" day sneaks in there every once in a while.
  • LiNDSEYSTUSiCK
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »

Timing your meals and workouts is something you learn along the way. Tomorrow I have a soccer game late. I won't want to eat after (I'm just not hungry)....however I know aprox how many calories I will burn....if I don't eat them tomorrow during the day, I'll be starving all day Thursday. I could in theory yes, just save them for Thursday and eat back those calories then (it all equals out in the long run). However I find it easier to stay controlled and in my calorie limits by fueling up prior to the workout. For soccer I like to be full and fully digested prior to start of game. Running on empty just doesn't cut it for me in that situation. But I can totally lift weights in the morning before eating anything.

Time is a teacher. Trial and error. If you are really hungry, eat a little and make adjustments to do better next time :)

You do make a very good point! I will have to try that next time to eat more calories during the day before I workout to make up for the calories burned especially if I work out later in the night..as weird as it sounds I never really thought of it that way. I'm still trying to get this whole thing worked out for what works for me, definitely not as easy as I thought lol but thank you for your response!