Need Help: Plateau

Options
Hi All! I started this journey again on Jan 1st when I weighed in at 154 lbs. I am down to 144 now but I have been stuck here for over a month. I increased my workout routine, made my diet better and still no results. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I need advice!

Replies

• allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    JUST KEEP GOING!!!! DO NOT GIVE UP :) If you give up, it definitely will not change. I know plateaus are hard, I just got over one. Just keep eating a calorie deficit and working out. It will move. Also, I find it very helpful to take measurements, as you may be gaining muscle and your body shape may be changing :) Just KEEP GOING :)
  • jbhmac
    jbhmac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm almost exactly where you are! Started at 154 and was stuck at 146 for over a month. The scale just budged this week. My measurements have changed a lot though. I think we should keep doing what we're doing and the weight will come off. How much more do you want to lose?
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!! I would like to be between 135-140 with good muscle tone. So I don't have far to go, but at this rate it feels like it will take forever. And you are right - both of you - we just have to keep going!!
    THanks!!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind, the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. I started at 266lbs and didn't hit a plateau until 25lbs lost. The first 25 came off fairly easily. BUT I have 100lbs total to lose. I always think of Dori from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." lol, sorry I am a mom!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    yes, all the above is correct. Each pound lost is harder than the previous (it is so unfair). I lost over 65, have put some back and still trying to get back down. Ensure you are accurate, it is very easy to be eating more than logged/estimated and to exercise less (calorie estimate) than logged/estimated. If you can, running longer distances (more cardio) can sometimes bust a plateau.
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes, the trick is continuing with your great workout routine and eating healthy filling meals which help you maintain that calorie deficit. A great addition to your workout would be to challenge yourself a bit...this will make you burn more calories and you will see a change!
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I actually took the time to look at your diary. On the days that you consumed less than 1000 calories you are actually doing yourself more harm than good. It sounds strange, but under consuming calories can actually stall weight loss. I get not going crazy but you should be trying to get closer to your daily goal. You will feel better and lose weight in the long run. I know this as I once weight 230 and now I am down to about 152.

Also, you need more protein. EAS makes a low carb version of the shake you already drink and I would suggest that you try two shakes a day to at least hit 100 grams of protein a day to fuel your muscles. It is odd, but the body doesn't store protein and if your diet doesn't supply enough protein your body will cannibalize your muscles for it. Also, it doesn't look like you track your water intake, but water is crucial to losing weight as it aids in food digestion. Make sure you are getting at least 8 glasses of real water a day to help yourself.
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I am going to work on all of this starting today.
  • Ashmarie105
    Ashmarie105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I actually took the time to look at your diary. On the days that you consumed less than 1000 calories you are actually doing yourself more harm than good. It sounds strange, but under consuming calories can actually stall weight loss. I get not going crazy but you should be trying to get closer to your daily goal. You will feel better and lose weight in the long run. I know this as I once weight 230 and now I am down to about 152.

Also, you need more protein. EAS makes a low carb version of the shake you already drink and I would suggest that you try two shakes a day to at least hit 100 grams of protein a day to fuel your muscles. It is odd, but the body doesn't store protein and if your diet doesn't supply enough protein your body will cannibalize your muscles for it. Also, it doesn't look like you track your water intake, but water is crucial to losing weight as it aids in food digestion. Make sure you are getting at least 8 glasses of real water a day to help yourself.

This is great advise!