Les Mills Class Opinions

Options
Good Morning Everyone :)
I'm back to working out regularly, and I'm looking for opinions on my new routine. Admittedly, I'm not the greatest at being consistent with MFP in terms of tracking, but once I get into a routine I can generally stick with it.
I'm looking for opinions on whether the following routine will help me be successful in addition to watching calorie intake for weight loss, muscle gain, and general fitness.

I take Les Mills classes because the gym I'm a member of offers them for free - and I happen to be fond of Les Mills classes.

I want to make sure I'm getting the balance of what my body needs, not "overdoing" it.

Monday: RPM at lunch - 30 minutes; Pump in the evening - 55 minutes
Tuesday: RPM at lunch - 45 minutes
Wednesday: Attack at lunch- 45 minutes; Pump in the evening - 55 minutes
Thursday: CX Worx at lunch - 30 minutes
Friday: Flow at lunch - 45 minutes
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

Any advice welcome. Also, all fellow Les Mills class participant friend requests accepted :)

Replies

• kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm trying CX Worx tonight for the first time, interested to see what it's about!
    That looks a good mix of cardio and core, I have two double days similarly as well, encompassing a run and spin/kettlercise/boxercise but i'm hoping to get more into the Les Mills at my local gym.
  • courtokinesis
    courtokinesis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How'd it go, kmccann357?
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like it would be too much if you have been building up to it. Your intensity and the weights you use in the classes will factor in. You will just need to listen to your body and if you are starting to feel tired and sore or hating going that much, then back off.

Weight loss is simply CI<CO therefore you can do that without going gang-busters at the gym. Muscle gain won't happen while you are losing weight...in fact true gaining takes a lot of attention to workouts and diet. You WILL be strengthening during these classes though. And you will definitely get fitter.

I love Body Flow and Body Combat. I get bored in Pump. Those are the only ones I've tried. Enjoy!
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do Les Mills classes as well. I do three days of Pump and three of RPM. Then Body Flow once in two weeks. I walk everyday for two to three miles. I am at the weight I wanted to be...maintaining now! It's all in how you challenge yourself with weights in Pump & pace in RPM!! I've been doing this for now seven years and still loving it!! I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. Keep doing your great workouts:).