Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love how much easier it is to seduce my boyfriend haha!!!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Found 2 bones in my forearms, must be losing from top down!
  • mickysama
    mickysama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started, but this threat is truly inspiring. Small changes often have the most impact. :)

I am hoping to lose the thigh chafing and be able to cross legs comfortably (thin people won't believe that it is not comfortable for me because my thighs are so big. O.o).

But I'm a bit worried about the feeling cold. I am already cold ALL the time unless it is 25°C or more :( For me it's winter from October to May...

Keep up the great answers, so far this is the best motivation I found on here!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Started using a new belt this week, ran out of notches on the other one.
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started my new lifestyle change..lots of things to look forward to..
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No more horrible side flank pains and knees hurting. Looking at a mirror and thinking, u are damn hot girl. B) . Oh not dressing up so hurriedly b4 hubby works into room, now I take my time, what is the rush hahahahahahaha
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I can't sleep on my side without a pillow in between my legs now, because it hurts my knee bones. Oh, and I have hip bones and collar bones!
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In part, thanks to some of the wonderful and open individuals on MFP, I am a little less terrified of criticism....so long as it is an honest critique. Thanks again. :)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Iseulte wrote: »
    Ok, here's a weird one. I thought I had been genetically blessed and missed out on the big family nose. Nope! My face was just fat and it looked smaller in comparison. Now that I have a thinner face, my nose is just as big as the rest of my siblings' noses. Ha ha!

LOL ... hysterical. I bet it's a lovely nose. xo
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am buying new clothes all the time. I need new black dress pants now for work, I find a lot of my dress shirts are getting too baggy. I actually want to wear things that fit and show off my figure. Before I didn't want people to see my body. I wanted to be invisible. Now I don't mind anymore.
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    abs... never knew I had them
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    heathbilly wrote: »

you definitely do.
  • heathbilly
    heathbilly Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    heathbilly wrote: »

you definitely do.

First time in my life.. My friends say that I got good at photoshop.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This thread is so inspiring!

I only changed my lifestyle about a month ago now, but the BIG shock was what a difference daily cardiovascular exercise has made. I have generally been a healthy person for most of my life, but I've never really enjoyed cardiovascular exercise. I was always a walker, and before I had a surgery that sidelined me for the last six months I was a serious yogi, but I was never someone who enjoyed running or cross training.

I have been totally sedentary for months now and was starting to get really depressed with no energy, and then we bought a nordic track. I started out using it 10 minutes twice a day with no resistance, and have worked up to using it for 50 minutes almost every day, along with re-starting my yoga practice and adding weights to my regimen and it has made all the difference with my depression (and my yoga practice, which is ENTIRELY different in fascinating ways now, even if I am a far way away from my previous level of ability in my physical practice).

I have definitely lost weight and I eat so much better it's ridiculous and my clothes fit better (although I'm not at my old weight just yet,which can be frustrating even though I know it's totally normal given how long I was sedentary and comfort cooking), and that is great, but the #1 reason that I am so committed to this is the difference in the way I feel. I was never a huge cardio fan, but I am now addicted just because of how WONDERFUL an hour on that dang machine makes me feel (greatly improved breathing capacity and cardiovascular health don't suck either).
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Today I went through some stuff I had stacked in my closet, separating potential consignment clothing from things going to charity shops.

It was the weirdest thing: a pair of pants that I clearly remember looked very small when I got them from my daughter 18 months ago, now look very big, to me.

They are in fact huge on me. But finally my perception of size seems to be adjusting to my new, current, reality.

I wonder if the size pants I'm wearing now will seem big next year (or however long it takes) when I am at a goal weight that satisfies me?

55835802.png

• kaitlinrt
    kaitlinrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    After only losing ten pounds I realized how much easier bounding up a flight of stairs became! Prior to weight loss I was huffing and puffing up a single flight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!