Seattle Area Anyone?

Options

Replies

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I live NE of Seattle at the base of the Cascades (Monroe area). Love to hike! Would be down for making friends with fellow hikers.
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    April is very open for me as well! Anyone else for getting together for a hike up Poo Poo Point in April. I'm thinking a Friday afternoon, maybe the 10th?
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I work during the week at the hospital so those days won't work for me unless its after 5/6 pm. Weekends work for me, Saturdays or Sundays. Also, I have university holidays off which is nice! :)
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    @dbienz‌ ah yes, that would make for a very long day for you. :smile: I work in Issaquah so it's easy for me to just go after work but weekends work well to. It would be great to get a few more fellow locals to go! @losingrae‌ @spydrrwmn‌
  • dbienz
    Options
    PNW_livin wrote: »
    @dbienz‌ ah yes, that would make for a very long day for you. :smile: I work in Issaquah so it's easy for me to just go after work but weekends work well to. It would be great to get a few more fellow locals to go! @losingrae‌ @spydrrwmn‌

Definitely! @aam117 @alyssagilbert @jneen29 You guys interested in a hike? :smile:
  • losingrae
    Options
    I'm in. Love getting out in our "hills." Would prefer something less crowded than Tiger Mountain, but the socialization will do me good :)
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    Great, we're planning a weekend in April if that works for everyone. @losingrae‌
  • losingrae
    Options
    Once a date is set it will be easier to commit.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    absolutely i'm interested! was out of town over the weekend and just checking back in. sundays are usually good for me (i normally work wed-sat)
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oops, I'm late in responding. Yes, I'm in!!! I am free on Saturdays after 12PM and Sundays after 11AM. I have a couple recurring early morning commitments on those days. I'll drag my brother along too... he's always down for anything. (The hubby has soccer every weekend).
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Btw, I'm new at hiking. I will need to know... 1) how to dress, 2) what to bring, 3) where are we going, 4) how far away is it?
  • dbienz
    Options
    http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/poo-poo-point

I am in Spokane this weekend for a volleyball tournament. Are people free next weekend? I'm open to Saturday or Sunday! I'm going to drag my friend with me who did this hike a few weeks ago :smile:
  • aam117
    Options
    I actually could do either Saturday or Sunday that weekend (28/29)
  • dbienz
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »

Same!
  • aam117
    Options
    Awesome! Is there a general consensus whether everyone would prefer Saturday vs Sunday?

@jneen29‌ I usually wear workout type clothes, depends on the weather, but layering is helpful. Hiking boots are a good idea if you have them, but you can probably get away with sneakers for poo poo point. Definitely bring water and some sort of snack (fruit, protein bar, etc)
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, but out on the West End here where we measure the rain in feet instead of inches :) Lived in Seattle (U District, Ballard, Mukilteo, Lynnwood) for a bout ten years while going to school (UW) and while I do enjoy many perks of rural life these days, I do love visiting the big city these days too.

I would be interested in meeting some fellow regional MFP'ers along the way ... I know a few out this way that tried, but didn't stick around long and I think I'm here for some time to come :)
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »

Same!

Sunday would work for me!
  • malavemadi
    Options
    Seahawks here . Weight loss is the plan And working on it is so hard lol. Love to b added to Seattle crew
  • dbienz
    Options
    PNW_livin wrote: »
    dbienz wrote: »

Same!

Sunday would work for me!

So I see Sunday's weather is supposed to be partly cloudy, 64 degrees. Sounds good. I will be driving back from Puyallup that day so a later day hike would be better for me. Maybe 2 or 3? I know it can get crowded but if we do the longer 7.2 mile hike (full Poo Poo Point hike, not Chirico Trail) there should be less people.
  • aam117
    Options
    Works for me! I just found out I'm probably going to have to work some OT on Saturday after all, so Sunday would be excellent. And nice to sleep in a smidge. :)