I won't fail one more time

Options
I joined the gym today and started this web site today, I am a new mom, have been yo-yo dieting for 10 years and kept adding 10 pounds after each episode ended. I weighed in today at 190! YIKES! I need to lose about 45 pounds, but fear that this could end up being a 10 pound loss with another 15 pound gain...I am looking for some friendly encouragement and support because I have to keep telling myself this is the time I make it!

Replies

• adfw71
    adfw71 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi new mom,
    Congratulations on the birth of your new bundle of joy...What a wonderful and stressful time. I am the mom to a 13 yr old girl and I soon remember being a new mom. I was scared to death...I was so stressed I lost all 30 lbs of baby weight a little over a month. Take it easy on yourself and go slow Because your body is will be adjusting hormone wise for about 6 months. I had a complete hysterectomy 2 yes ago that kicked me right into menopause and I have gained 30lbs. I use run everyday but not since hysterectomy. Think I have been a deep funk 2 years....so I would be happy to start this healther way of living with you. I am currently eating or trying to eat only 800 to 900 calories to hopefully Jumpstart this process to help motivate me...of course not having any clothes that fit always helps. Feel free to add me adfw...good luck and I believe you should never be to hard on self if you stumble. Just learn from it and keep moving forward...
  • vsoffen
    vsoffen Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I'm a mum to 2 boys 7&3, I keep losing some lb and then something happens and my motivation slips and they go back on. We can support each other