Stair climber/stepper

Options
I use the stair climber for 10 minutes, skipping a step each time. So they are more like lunges. When I'm done it says I burned 711 calories. I weigh 130lbs. Is this accurate? How do I log it in?

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    There is no possible way to burn 711 calories in 10 minutes. 71 would be more accurate.
  • falcon850
    falcon850 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Agree ^^^^
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    4266 an hour lol, Go you. What they said.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree that the estimate of calorie burn sounds really high. I normally do HIIT (high intensity interval training) and don't get anywhere near this. I think that 711 would be a really deadly tabata workout (which is 4 minutes of 20 seconds as hard as possible cardio type exercise and 10 seconds rest for a straight 4 min) workout. Even if you managed 32 minutes of it wouldn't be 700 in total. I think it is more like 15-20 calories per minute if you are really working it.
  • hiba_b
    hiba_b Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree, it doesn't make sense!! Anyways, is the stair treadmill the same as the stair climber? I'll just use the calories the pops up on my fitness pal. Thx
  • defconw
    defconw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am using an elliptical and I did only five minutes at 45mph and it came out to 477. I can't figure out what the key words are to bring it up. So I just added it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    711 in ten minutes would be impossible , 4000 an hour is not feasible.

Apparently 15-20 calories a minute is Olympian rate.

Heres a calculator
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp