% protein vs fat vs carbs

Options
Hi all! Was wondering if anyone knows a faster way to burn off fat at the same time as losing weight by adjusting the settings. Is there a good percentage setting to speed up the process? Anyone out there adjust the settings?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If I understand you correctly, you would like to adjust your macro nutrient settings?

You can manually set your macros in your goal settings instead of letting MFP choose them automatically.
  • devychevy
    devychevy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes that's correct. I know you can adjust it manually, but I'm not sure exactly what is a healthy fat burning technique. If you want to do low carbs, how much should you lower it?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In general "low carb" is 120g or less, which is 480 cals. At 1200 calories that's 40%, 2400 cals it's 20% etc.

Atkins etc is generally 5 or 10% carb calories (MFP steps are 5%) with protein 20 - 35 and fat the rest. The protein goal is fairly wide.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I eat fairly low carb. I aim for 10-15% carbs, 65% fat, and the rest protein.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I usually end up around 30% protein, so I don't always hit my goals everyday.
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ^all of that stuff they said.

If you want to consider keto, drop carbs to 5%. That's about 20-30grams a day.
    Fat at 70-75%, protein at 20-25%

Some people do 5/20/80 c/p/f, but that's a little to low on the protein side for me.

A lot of people swear by keto, but do your research.

Dunno if it helps, but Gabriel iglesias (the comedian) started lowcarbing about a year and a half ago and has lost 100+ pounds since then, that's sort of my inspiration for going low carb.

But ultimately, it comes down to calories in, calories out (CICO). You'll drop weight if you eat under your TDEE.
  • devychevy
    devychevy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks a ton everyone! I'm going to mess with it!

Is there any issues for cutting down fiber? I was doing low carb for awhile and lost 20-30 pounds without Mfp then since I started logging it i see I'm getting a lot of fat and not hitting enough fiber based on 35% carbs, 25/30...

Thanks!!