What should I weigh?

Options
Hi

I am 5 feet 4.5 inches tall, am a medium build and larger bust. I have know Idea what my goal weight should be. Any ideas what is best?

Thanks

Replies

• makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i heard for the height it's anywhere around 120? but click tools at the top of your page . then click either BMI or BMR i forget whcih one tells you what average weight you should hold, and then once you get to that MAX weight it tells you go to your doctor for an actual response
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There are lots of places to find that information online. However the best answer is to ask your doctor. As no two people are created the same, our ideal weights are also different.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    best way i find is to google for a BMI chart and see what weight that says is 'healthy' for you - i did that, and when i realised i was morbidly obese, my aim is to get to the very top of being 'overweight' as shown on my profile pic
  • eeelastic9
    eeelastic9 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a similar build. My goal is 125, but that's also a guess. I'd suggest somewhere around 130 as a generic goal, but put the focus more on measurements and how you look and feel than feeling the need to be a certain weight.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    pretty much 5 foot is 100 pounds then you add 5 pounds for every inch afterwards is how I've always thought of it.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 with a big chest as well. My goal weigh is 135-140, being that's what I weighed before I got pregnant and didn't feel bad about myself one bit.
  • gwenniegirl
    Options
    I don't your hight but I think you should wiegh 100 or 200 but I'm only 8 years old.
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks, yes I know all the body calculators I meant what looks best visually. I worry 120 would be too skinny, but maybe my interpretation of skinny is skewed as I have been fat for so long. At 167 lbs I didn't even realise I was that fat until I looked at the online stats! LOL
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't your hight but I think you should wiegh 100 or 200 but I'm only 8 years old.
    are you really 8 years old?
    can i ask if you are on here to lose weight???
  • kirstiey
    Options
    Gwenniegirl you are hilarious wink:
  • kirstiey
    Options
    I meant :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    caloriesperhour.com will get you an accurate reading and will even factor in bone structure, not just BMI
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Everyone's bodies are different. I'm the same height as you and aiming for 128 lbs. Just saying :)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same as you....5 ft 4.5 inches, medium build, bigger boobs. Over the past 10 years, I have jumped around in weight --- anywhere from 118 to 150.

For me, my perfect weight is 120-123. If I hit 118 or lower, my hip bones and collar bone stick out. So ---- I will not go under 118 --- then I look too skinny.

Some say that I look better in the 130s, but I personally do not agree with them. Personally, 120s is much much better.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and small framed. I started at 162 lbs. I had gone online to try and find out what I should weigh, a couple different sites told me 120 to 132 lbs. I orignally set me goal at 125 lbs, middle of the road. However, when I got into the lower 140, I realized that 125 would probably be too low for me. I adjusted my goal weight o 135 lbs. This week I hit 134 lbs. I am just starting my maintenance program. I have gone from a size 10-12 to 4-6 in clothes and feel great! I have had several people tell me if I lose more weight, I would be too thin.

What I am trying to tell you is, no one can tell you what you SHOULD weight. You have to listen to your own body and decide what is right for you.

Good luck on your journey.
  • kirstiey
    Options
    Yes i think 135 is prob a good aim. I don't suit skinny and more than that I don't think I could maintain it for life!! Thanks for all your comments. Only 20lbs to go then :sad:
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I am a medium build and am currently at 133.5 lbs (5'4.5) I plan to lose another 11 lbs. But I am at a healthy weight. So I'd say anywhere between 118-145 lbs is good
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble trying to figure this out, too. I have no idea! I guess I'll have to speak with my doctor about it. What a drag.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    find out how much body fat you have, minus that percentage from your current weight and that should give you, your lean body weigt