picky eater but I wanna loose 50lbs

Options
Any ideas or helpful tips

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All that matters to losing weight is eating less than you burn. As a fellow picky eater, experimenting with new foods/cooking techniques is actually pretty fun, though.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like as long as it's within your calorie limit :smile: ... Once you feel comfortable doing that, maybe look for recipes that have ingredients that you don't like and try them out. Sometimes it can be something about the way it was made the first time you tried a food - I was 1000% I hated brussel sprouts but it turned out I just didn't like the way they were cooked the first time I tried them!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For a few days, or a week if you wish, just eat normally but log everything you eat, making sure your logging is accurate. To be accurate you will need to weigh your solid foods and measure your liquids, plus you will need to select the correct entry in the database, not the one you "hope" is right because the calories are low(er).

After you have a handle on logging you will be able to see how many calories you are consuming now.

In order to lose weight you need to eat less, but you don't need to eat differently.

So, once you have determined how much you eat now, and after you've used MFP guidelines to set a calorie goal, cut back on the serving sizes of things you like to eat.

Here is a link to a helpful post about counting calories:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

55835802.png