Quest protein bars make me sick?

Options
I recently bought a box of quest protein bars because I heard they were so amazing. I ate one and later that night I was up vomiting with diarrhea every hour. I chalked it up to a stomach bug.
I gave it a rest then tried one again today. Only a small piece but immediately felt sick to my stomach and later had diarrhea.
Does anyone else feel like this after eating them? I don't understand why I do.

Replies

• lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    They give me the worst stomach ache. I like to think of protein bars as glorified candy bars. There's a lot of sugar in them as well as additives/preservatives which you may be sensitive to? I'd recommend purchasing a good, clean protein power and making a shake or there's heaps of protein powder recipes for baking on the web.
  • Nikkei74
    Nikkei74 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oligosaccharides are certainly linked with digestive problems. Personally, I find the taste and texture repulsive. A single bite makes me gag, but I've never eaten enough for a reaction like yours. Home made protein bars with your powder of choice, peanut or almond butter and cocoa taste much better to me.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You might have actually had a stomach bug, subconsciously associated the bar with being sick, and now have a learned taste aversion. Just throwing that out there. I had something similar happen that threw me off calimari sandwiches for like, years.