quick question

Options
Hello everyone, i am new to all of this and I have a question. Does drinks count in as calories. Im thinking yes but just want to double check. I log them as a snack.

Replies

• shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes they do, I try to not drink my calories. stick with water or no calorie drinks!
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You should log everything you consume that has calories - whether you eat it or drink it. So you would log drinks like soda or milk, but you wouldn't need to log water or zero calorie soda.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    One of the interesting things is if you log, then you get to realise how many calories different drinks have.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Yup, you have to log everything...then you can see where it is easiest to cut things down or out if you need to!
  • Mussronkey
    Mussronkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I added mine as a snack since there isn't a catogery for alchol. For say a rum and coke, I'd find the calories in the brand of rum and for the soda. You will be amazed at how many calories you drink!
  • brian46845
    brian46845 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No kidding.. Can't believe a shot of tequila is 70 calories!!! No wonder I'm over weight! Lol
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cutting way back on liquid calories really helped me a lot! It was mostly sweetened iced tea, but adds up. Gradually switching (and getting used) to seltzer gives me something tasty without the guilt.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yes. Liquid calories definitely count. including alcohol.
  • jeannierenee85
    Options
    Okay thank you. I normally just drink water all day but sometimes would like some 1% milk or orange juice. Just a change up. :-)
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, i am new to all of this and I have a question. Does drinks count in as calories. Im thinking yes but just want to double check. I log them as a snack.

yes they do count, try to stick with black coffee, teas ( without milk or sugar) and water.