Bookworms Unite!

Options
Hi all!

Any other bookworms out there? I would love support from people who also share a passion for reading, theater and education!

Replies

• toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a total bookworm. Got my degree in Literature. Add me!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Love reading and go to the theater often. Welcome! What have you read lately that you would recommend?
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I too enjoy da books and all dat literary stuuff!!! ;) I love classics and newer stuff. I enjoy well written books and I also read poorly written books that are just simply fun to veg out too (twilight!) ^_^. can't count the amount of times I've read hamlet! Big graphic novel and comic book fan too! Also I play guitar, craft, paint...I'm just a geek in general lol
  • InTheTardis84
    InTheTardis84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I live to read and work in a library.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love to read anything!
  • melizabird919
    melizabird919 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a huge reader and would also love support from literature minded folks.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Also a bookworm.. Lucky enough to work in a library and spend my days sampling books. Always have my library card maxed out and several books in progress..
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I love reading. I have ADD and ADHD really bad, so it takes me about four months to read a book.
  • waterbyrde
    waterbyrde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Another book lover - I also work in a library, but in the teaching and learning group. :)

What are you all reading? Looking for suggestions.
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! I love reading! 100 books a year :)
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    great idea for a thread! what are you currently reading? I'm reading the pevear/volokhonsky translation of crime and punishment.

friend request sent. let me know if you start a book club group lol
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a huge reader and would also love support from literature minded folks.

What are you reading now? I am starting Darwin's Origin of Species. Not exactly literature, but definitely worth reading.
  • musicandarts
    Options
    sculptcha wrote: »
    great idea for a thread! what are you currently reading? I'm reading the pevear/volokhonsky translation of crime and punishment.

friend request sent. let me know if you start a book club group lol

I read the Constance Garnett translation. Did you read Brothers Karamazhov?
  • musicandarts
    Options
    Woot Woot! I love reading! 100 books a year :)

That is an amazing target. I could never do more than forty an year. Other types of reading always gets in the way.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I read quite a bit. Lots of young adult/children's books because I feel like books for "adults" sometimes put a big damper on creativity..it has to be "believable". I've been trying to work my way through all the Newbury Award winners. But I mix in "serious" reading as well..."Pride and Prejudice" recently and I'll probably take another stab at "Catcher in the Rye" soon. Reading "Ida B." by Katherine Hannigan right now..
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I read quite a bit. Lots of young adult/children's books because I feel like books for "adults" sometimes put a big damper on creativity..it has to be "believable". I've been trying to work my way through all the Newbury Award winners. But I mix in "serious" reading as well..."Pride and Prejudice" recently and I'll probably take another stab at "Catcher in the Rye" soon. Reading "Ida B." by Katherine Hannigan right now..

I love reading young adult. Right now I am reading Trial By Fire, which is great so far. I just got done reading a book called "Red Queen", which was amazing and would recommend to anyone! Luckily I have a desk job and lots of down time to help with my habit lol
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    waterbyrde wrote: »
    Another book lover - I also work in a library, but in the teaching and learning group. :)

What are you all reading? Looking for suggestions.

I love fantasy books. I just started getting into the genre. I read all of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series (incredible, highly recommend) and am currently reading book two of Robert Jordan's series.

Pretty much all you guys can friend me! I love book people!
  • JanuaryButterfly84
    JanuaryButterfly84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE books.... And anything to do with imagination....
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I own thousands of books from paranormal romance to science, history to historical romance, philosophy, human rights, mysteries and thrillers lol I have eclectic tastes. Feel free to add me!!
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love to read. I'm real big on reading fiction and anything with supernatural elements to it. I tend to read a bit too much and spend a bit more than I should on ebooks! =)