Vegetarian problems

Options
hey everyone my name is kay, hope everyone is going well. I don't know if anyone can help, but I'm trying to find some low carb foods to eat, the only problem is that I'm vegetarian and my diet mainly consist of carbs. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Beans, nuts, even boccoli have carbs. Dairy products also have carbs although hard cheeses have less.
    Eat more eggs as they have almonds zero carbs.
    If you want to lower carbs, limit fruit and grains.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Tofu, TVP, and seitan are good sources of low-carb vegetarian protein. Additionally, try avocado, zucchini, nuts like almonds, and berries.
  • donnaberry1961
    donnaberry1961 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg... I thought I was the only one. My name is Donna and I've been a vegetarian my entire life and it's true. I mostly eat carbs. Now I'm Diabetic and need to watch carbs and I'm crazy. Any and all ideas and info most welcome.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Omg... I thought I was the only one. My name is Donna and I've been a vegetarian my entire life and it's true. I mostly eat carbs. Now I'm Diabetic and need to watch carbs and I'm crazy.[/b] Any and all ideas and info most welcome.

Add lots of leafy greens to your days -- kale, swiss chard, romaine. Also green beans, asparagus, . . . .
    Limit bread, pasta, rice, quinoa, cereal, and even fruit because they have little protein and lots of carbs.
    Eat beans, lentils, tofu, green peas, eggs, dairy products like plain or sugar free yogurt.
    Eat nuts like almonds -- they have good protein and fats and only a few carbs compared to other nuts.