Evening Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I always save calories for evening snacks. I will typically have a liberte Banana caramel Greek yogurt for around 110 calories, and a bowl of strawberries with milk and sugar 180 cal
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit or fruit puree

• nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon squares cereal (forgot the brand) has 90 cals/(3/4 cup). I pour cinnamon powder on top which makes it more sweet. Takes care of my sweet tooth!

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My goto snack at night is a four pack of those peanut butter/cheese crackers, and a string cheese. It equals out to be around 200 calories.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Elaine1345 wrote: »
    The worst time of day for me is in the evening and I am always craving something sweet and something to munch on when eating TV lol What do you guys buy/cook which are low calorie to help the cravings? Usually by the evening I don't have many calories left so I need to be careful, this is definitely my downfall!

These are some of my "go-to" nighttime TV snacks. I always set aside room for a couple snacks first thing in the morning because I know I will want them most nights.

Edy's - Outshine Fruit Bars No Sugar, 1 bar (43g) 25 calories;
    Emerald 100 Cal Almonds - Natural Almonds 100 Calorie Pack, 17.5 g pack;
    Kellogg Special K - Cracker Chips (Sea Salt), 1 Bag 25g (90 calories);
    Weight Watchers - Peanut Butter Brownie Bliss, 1 brownie 21g (90 calories);
    Jolly Time - Healthy Pop Butter Popcorn 100 Calorie Pack;
    Special K - Heavenly Caramel Brownie, 20 g (1 brownie) (80 calories);
    Dole - Pineapple Tidbits - No Sugar Added 1 container (113g) 35 calories;
    Sunsweet Gold Label - Pitted Prunes, 5 prunes (40 g) (100 calories);
    Fiber One - Caramel Sea Salt Bar, 1 Bar (90 calories);
    Dannon - Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt, 4 oz. (45 calories);

73641431.png

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn and an ounce of cheese is great. How about some berries and goat cheese or nuts. Personally, I try to cut myself off after dinner. But I make sure to eat a lot of food throughout the day, including a very hearty breakfast.
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I try and keep some calories for a curly wurly in the evenings cos that's my downfall I love chocolate lol but lately I've also found that eating fat free low cals fromiage frais weight watchers yoghurt and frozen summer fruits do the trick to cos the frozen fruit defrosts into a purée also so it's like having a yummy desert that's amazing tbh try that it's awesome :) evenings are my downfall too :( I tend to eat that and go to bed earlier lol .. Hope you find something to cure that craving :)
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't watch much TV, but my standard snack is Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. 80 calories and I put 2 tbsp lite cool whip (20 calories ) on top for a 100 calorie snack. I love it!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    Just made a cappuccino and had a pistachio biscotti.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of microwave popcorn and a handful of dark chocolate chips - that is usually my go to.

However, I will say that for me, over my last 80+ days here, I have learned that the night time snacking was more of a habit than anything else. I am still working on it, but am shocked at how often I realize, wait, I am not even hungry, so why eat?!? I also think my better eating during the day (more protein, good fats and fiber) helps with the snacking at night.