How often should you weigh yourself??

Options
i am getting frustrated with my scale. I am staying within my calories being very active and the scale is stuck on the same number!!

Replies

• BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh from 1-2x a week. Never 2 days in a row. You can lose a couple pounds just by weighing before & after using the bathroom. I get my most accurate results weighing 1st thing in the morning after using the bathroom & before food or drink. I also put the scale on the same spot in the floor because weight is a gravity based measurement, a slight lean can change the results.
  • arsoria24
    arsoria24 Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey there, i suggest you weigh yourself once a week on the same day. I weight myself Sunday morning right when i wake up. I use the same scale and it sits in the same position. If you are staying the same you may have hit a plateau, or you might be gaining muscle which is why the weight is staying the same or even possibly going up. Well those are my thoughts, hope it helps.
  • ronmatta
    ronmatta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I choose to weigh in every morning right out of bed, before food or drink.
  • pipesydoodle
    pipesydoodle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and input the results onto a chart that shows me the trend in the weight loss. Even if it fluctuates from day to day, as long as the overall trend is going down, that's good enough for me!
  • 76Joanne
    76Joanne Posts: 1
    Options
    Definitely first thing in the morning. And I prefer to weigh-in every Friday. Makes me happy (sometimes) that my hard work all week has paid off.
  • napoleonmfp
    napoleonmfp Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    once a week 1st thing in the morning, right after using the bathroom, wearing pajamas.

usually on saturday mornings
  • dragonfly256
    dragonfly256 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time. I have been doing this for years so I know my fluctuations. It is just my personal preference and it works for me.