Green tea question

Options
Hi does anyone take green tea extract and find that it helps you lose weight? A friend of mine says taking green tea extract helps speed up weight loss and gives her loads of energy just wondering if anyone else thinks the same

Replies

• pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Placebos of all kinds do wonders.

Other than placebo effect, don't expect too much from tea extract.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Energy maybe, but any caffeine can do that for ya. But speeding up weight loss? Nope. Unless it's more burned cals from all the energy making your friend move more with the caffeine induced energy. But you can do that without tea extract - just exercise. :smile:
  • aubie_douglas
    Options
    I find that green tea is a great drink while on my track to weight loss. It's 0 calls and more flavorful than water, not to mention the caffeine (but less so than coffee) and added antioxidant benefits! I drink 2-3 glasses per day and love, love, love it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I find that green tea is a great drink while on my track to weight loss. It's 0 calls and more flavorful than water, not to mention the caffeine (but less so than coffee) and added antioxidant benefits! I drink 2-3 glasses per day and love, love, love it!
    Exactly - I'd much rather DRINK some tea that I like & enjoy it, than to take a pill that makes empty promises.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Green tea has no magic in it, the only magic it has is what you give it... It's a good way to up water intake and has a small amount of caffeine in it.
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fab!! Thanks for your advise everyone :)
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Try out the Yogi brand Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. Not a magic weight loss drink, but tastes great and the subtle fruit flavor is lovely. :) I drink it instead of munching at night and it tastes lovely first thing in the AM.
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like green tea as a drink and in pill form. I tend to use the pills just for the caffeine though. I take one as a little boost before a workout.
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is not extensive evidence to support this theory l have known many people who have bought green teas n tablets. Calorie control and exercise. Mind over matter hun gud luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    There is no magic weight loss tea.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did a lack of green tea extract make you overweight? Or was it because you consistently ate TOO MUCH? There is no magic potion.