What Fitness Routine Would You Do if You Were Me?

Options
ashesfromfire
ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Alrighty guys, here it goes: I'm a full time college student who also works 30ish hours a week. Classes at 8 am 5 days a week. Monday and Wednesdays I have class 8am-10am and work ranging from about 12pm-10pm. Tuesdays and Thurdays I have class 8-9am, and then 2pm-6pm Fridays 8am-10am and no work. Saturdays and Sundays vary greatly I can work as early as 4am until Midnight and anywhere in between. At my disposal I have 5lbs, 10lbs, and 30lbs free weights, I have an itty bitty studio apartment so some bigger compound movement can result in wall smackage. I adore cardio but now live in the middle of the desert where afternoon running is equivalently suicide. More facts: I'm female, 23, roughly 190lbs. Goals: Get within my healthy weight range, get stronger, look better! The only thing I'm really opposed to is morning workouts before school, I know myself, I know I will not stick with that. So, with no more babbling, what workout would you be doing if you were me? What workouts do you love? Tell me oh wise internet dwellers, bestow upon me your epic wisdom.

EDIT: I walk and Bike Everywhere. About 5 mile to work (10 miles round trip) biking. About 3/4 of a mile to school, and I can walk there and back up to three times a day, so the miles do add up. I also work on my feet, so I'm walking/standing for 9ish hours there.

Replies

• cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Got 20 minutes of time every other day? If so, you may want to take a look at the exercise chapter in Dr. Mercola's new book "Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to ...". I apply his recommendations to stationary bike riding, but it can be applied to any kind of exercise of your choice. Less is sometimes more! ;-)
  • kimberlyanne0522
    kimberlyanne0522 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try a beach body 21 Day Fit program. They are DVDs based (with a few options to chose from). and come with shakeology protein powder (30 days worth) and a an on-line trainer. It's a great program and you only need 30 min a day. I love this program! Good Luck!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    One thing you can do is walk everywhere - doesn't require anything but decent footwear, and you could easily build up to 5 miles a day. Another thing is to check out facilities at your school and find a physical activity that you enjoy. Those are two go-tos. Then, for shedding extra pounds, start tracking what you eat and staying within a reasonable calorie allotment.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness... ten bucks a month