Workout morning vs evening!

Options
mhanispeedy
mhanispeedy Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
hi guyz ,
So far my journey is great just wanna know that i workout 45 mins in morning with stationary bike , elliptical, and treadmill on empty stomach is it good ?? Vs evening

Replies

• kimberlyanne0522
    kimberlyanne0522 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You should start your day off with protein to set your metabolism, then get your cardio / workout in). 30 min morning and then again in the evening would be great (if you have the time).
  • mhanispeedy
    Options
    You should start your day off with protein to set your metabolism, then get your cardio / workout in). 30 min morning and then again in the evening would be great (if you have the time).
    Yes , i walk for 50 minutes in evening, is that good?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    There is theory that training cardio in a fasted state can be beneficial for fat loss, this is based on the idea that you’ve used some of your glycogen stores and any carbs in your stomach overnight and are therefore more likely to use fat to fuel your work. I’m not absolutely convinced this works, but I am very comfortable doing cardio in a fasted state, so I often do.

As for lifting weights, I lift better in the afternoon and when I’m fully fueled. But I don’t always get a chance to work out in the afternoon, so I also lift in the morning (either fasted or not, depending on how I feel).

You will have to try things and see what works best for you.
  • Neritel
    Neritel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I exercise with my other half. We get up in the mornings, I make us a smoothie with some fruit, protein powder etc and then we do 40-50 mins of weights (we do body beast), followed by swimming. We found that exercising in the mornings was the only way to make sure that we really will find time. When we exercised in the evenings, we sometimes ran out of time. Now that we (with a few exeptions where we moved the swimming to later in the day) do it in the mornings, we do not miss any of the exercise.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I exercise in my lunch break. Helps break up the day, but I make sure I eat a banana or something before.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Add some resistance/strength training and you're golden.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options

False

It doesn't really matter. Workout when you can. Workout and meal timing is personal preference
  • mhanispeedy
    Options
    My friend says black coffee is good pre workout , is it true? But i only drink water before cardio , LOL!
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

False

It doesn't really matter. Workout when you can. Workout and meal timing is personal preference

^^This.
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The best time to workout is when you can! I've seen plenty of 'Evidence' for mornings and or evenings. But... it has to be what works for you
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Do what's best for you. Personally I like the jump start in the morning and do some quick calisthenics/aerobic, but that's me. I put in my long cardio/anaerobic after work and de-stress before I go home. No scientific evidence to support timing of workouts as there are simply too many variables in play.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Yeah, no.

You should work out at a time when you are most likely going to be consistent. I work out at 6:15am because that works for me and my schedule. I can't eat that early, so I don't workout out with food in my stomach, and I do a full workout so there is no need for me to work out twice a day. Can you work out in the morning and at night? Sure. But, don't feel like you have to if you prefer to just get it all done at one time or another.

After my AM workout, I have a protein shake and then two hard boiled eggs with coffee when I get to my office.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Exercise timing is a myth.

Work out whenever you 1. Have the most energy to put in a good workout 2. Won't skip it.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I workout on an empty stomach if I workout first thing in the morning. I do have my water during whatever I am doing. I find that if I eat first then I am not productive and feel sluggish. If I workout in the pm it is around 4 and I would have had my lunch around noon. Do whatever works for your body!!! Good luck!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Exercising both morning and evening? Well I say... NO... Not this....

Whether you exercise morning or evening or even at midnight is a personal choice. Daily schedules matter and because it is the perfect time and situation so that you learn to enjoy it. You have to look forward to this "event" in the day...so you need to feel fresh and alive...

My husband jumps out of bed at 5:30 and works out 4 days a week here at home and he really hates it... but he loves it too... because he feels better after his "burn"... Plus he gets that hot shower right after and is ready for the day...

I work out 8:30 to 10:30 depending on whats up for the day.. however rather you work out "fasted" or after eating is also a personal choice.

We work out fasted but not recommended for all. People exercising for different reasons (i.e. weight loss, bulking, cutting, getting leaners or just need cardiovascular health).

These are all choices you have decide for your self, determine the best timing, best method of exercising (cardio.. what type.. lifting weights... etc..) This takes time, experimenting and yes you will growl from time to time but again this is all up to personal choices...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference.

I mostly like to workout first thing in the morning to get it out of the way most of the time. However, when it comes to lower body weight days, I'm finding that I like to wait until I've been up and moving around longer, because I'm old and creaky I suppose. That means that I've been pushing it off until evenings more and more lately.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My friend says black coffee is good pre workout , is it true? But i only drink water before cardio , LOL!

I’ll drink a couple of cups of coffee before my morning workout. I get up about an hour before my workout, so this wakes me up and gets me moving (e.g., toilet).
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I can;'t eat before I work out in the morning. Afternoon workouts are great but do not fit in my schedule so mornings it is.
  • iambold
    iambold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do MOST of my working out in the mornings.I've been told by my trainer NOT to workout on a completely empty tummy. So I Make a good Protein Shake with My Whey Smooth Vanilla Crème & add a different half of some fruit/ or berries everyday before I go workout and I feel like I can keep going longer, I feel better all around for the rest of my day and follow suit. Rather than when I did it on an empty stomach.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It is definitely personal preference and what works for you. I work out every evening after work. As much as I would LOVE to be a morning workout person, I just can't get up any earlier. But, I am a night owl. I find, even on the weekends, when I try to get a workout in in the a.m., I am not pushing as hard or my timing is off. I come home from work, change into my workout clothes and have a small snack and some water. Then I jump into my workout before cooking/eating dinner.