Replies

• Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done. Nice progress!

• Deezy06
    Deezy06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!!! Would you care to share any tips?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress. Be prepared at some stage it will slow down.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are doing great! Nice progress and every other positive thought! :)
  • ac8908ac
    ac8908ac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job, great progress!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep pushing! :smile:
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and progress!
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you have a valid point, it is more than before and after! great job so far, can't wait to see the next update!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far
  • monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Such an inspirational post! Well done to you. Can't wait for the update :)
  • AoifeCullinane
    Options
    Well done Mr. very inspiring ;)
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Bravo, sir! Looking great!
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done to you - see you and the dog in the next update!
  • leximarie3
    leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep going! :)
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP at 310lbs on November 2nd, and have been at this whole losing weight thing for 4.5 months now. Originally, I intended to lose 90 lbs, and end up somewhere around 220. However, I'm going to see if I can get that down to 190, so I will be setting my new goal for 120lbs of weightloss.

As of today, I have lost just under 40lbs meaning that I am down to around 270, and 1/3 of the way to my goal. Really though, I started losing weight a couple of weeks before beginning with MFP when the scale read around 315lbs, so I personally consider it to be 45 lbs. Not too shabby for under five months.

So many people who make posts here have reached their goals, and are completed success stories. I wanted to make this post in the middle of my weightloss to show people in the middle of theirs that success isn't just before, and after. Success is before, and then a whole lot of during until you finally reach the after.

I'll post an update after another 40lbs.

November 2nd @ 310lbs (even the dog looks disappointed in me):

SB1b8a6.jpg

Today @ 270lbs, 7.5" off of the waist, 5.25" off the hips:

xK2BJAa.jpg

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! I'm only in my first month here but seeing and reading posts as yours really motivates me. Keep up the great work.
  • denisesimpson980
    denisesimpson980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring! Keep up the good work :-)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think the "during" posts are as inspirational, if not more, than the "after" posts. It shows you've done a lot of work, still have to work to do, and intend to do it. Well done!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Whoa, this blew up the past few hours. I thought it had been buried. lol

Thanks all!
    Deezy06 wrote: »
    Great work!!!!!! Would you care to share any tips?

As for tips, my advice is to stick with it. Make sure to eat at a caloric deficit, and you'll lose. It gets really discouraging when you're as big and/or tall (6'1") as I am because changes take so long to really notice.

Honestly, I still don't see many changes in the mirror until I compare pictures side-by-side. It can be difficult to tell your brain to shut up, but you have to realize that your own perceptions regarding yourself are inherently bias, usually toward the negative. Once you are able to understand that, it is much easier to be truthfully honest with yourself, and know that you're on the right track regardless of what your brain wants to perceive looking back at you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!