Night time snacker

Options
Night time is bad for me... Snack.. snack

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's ok to snack at night as long as it fits your calories. If it's something you do on a regular basis, find a way to save some calories during the day just for snacking and then find options that fit.

A lot of people use more of their calorie allotment at night than during the day and they are losing....just stay in a deficit :)
  • ardiamckenzie
    ardiamckenzie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with AmazonMayan, but what I find also helps is not having snack foods in the house or find something to do until the craving ends, I usually play a game on my Xbox which helps keep my hands and mind busy on other things
  • katrinadulce
    katrinadulce Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One thing that worked for me was to pre-track my evening snack.
    I would then work through my day as if those calories didn't exist. If I ate whatever I chose at the end of the day, great - that is what it was there for. If I didn't, then I didn't actually need it.

I usually ate it.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    close down the kitchen two hours before you go to bed....then you will be hungry when you awake. This just purpetuates the eating 3 meals and a snack day. Also my snacks are 100 to 200 calorie ones. I don't buy the 100 bags either, very expensive. Just buy healthy snacks, and some snack bags and make your own. Just re-use the baggies. Enjoy the snack you have each day, and have no guilt :smiley:
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I find that if I bust my butt working out, and have a huge calorie deficit so that my stomach is growling, I have a very hard time sleeping. It's okay to snack as long as it fits in your calorie plan.
  • ccookie1111
    ccookie1111 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead with some healthy snacks instead of waiting until you want to eat. I have trouble at night too. Good luck.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Its tough at night, especially when you are feeling hungry. I think of my kitchen as my battle zone. So I keep my pantry organized, even separating it abit from my 16 yr olds stuff and my stuff. I do not want to parooze through doritos to get to some walnuts. Its part of just planning and to stratagize what you need to do. I don't wait until I am so hungry and pick out anything. That is like a soldier that picks up anything they can get their hands on, to attack.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I plan a snack in advance. I eat it. I drink water after that until breakfast.
  • ddee357
    ddee357 Posts: 4
    Options
    I explained to my Aunt last night the first recollection of my start of late night snacking started with a slice of cheese at night :neutral_face: 30 years ago...for the last three to four weeks no late night eating...but its due to a couple of changes tracking my food ...paying attention to my body acid reflux from eating then laying down.i have notice no waking up choking on acid from late night eating. JUST One step making positivity for my health my priority...also I dont buy or keep junk food in the house anywhere....oh jello is one of my favorite snack items...I never knew :-) :-) :-) :-) Happy Losing :-) :-) :-)
  • ddee357
    ddee357 Posts: 4
    Options
    Add me I can use all the support I can get
  • 19MKCKE95
    Options
    Is the night time snacking for hunger or loneliness?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Me too. I weigh out a snack, go to the couch, eat the snack, log it. Last night I had 2 servings of Pita Chips, 2tbsp of hummus, AND 1.5 Cups of Cheerios/Almond Milk from about 6:30 to about 8. I stayed within my calories. It was all good. Seriously, just plan for it.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I save over half my calories for the supper / evening time period. It works for me. :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough during the day?
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I save calories for night time snacks. Of course, if you eat candy, cookies, and salty snacks you may not be as full as if you eat healthy snacks such as fruit, cheese, nuts, etc. I personally snack on popcorn because the fiber is good for me. I also enjoy sugar free chocolate puddings from Jello, with a touch of whipped cream on top. Puddings are just 60 calories. Also good are peanut butter filled pretzels. At least there is some protein involved with them. Just make sure you stay within your calorie limits and you will still lose!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I save around 400 cals for my night time snacks :) mostly I just use up 200, but they're there just in case :)
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's ok to snack at night as long as it fits your calories. If it's something you do on a regular basis, find a way to save some calories during the day just for snacking and then find options that fit.

A lot of people use more of their calorie allotment at night than during the day and they are losing....just stay in a deficit :)

Thanks amazonmayan! I needed to here this. :D

• MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well you have to look at what kind of snacker you are... if you are a boredom snacker (like me) then do something to occupy your time, if you are really hungry then you aren't eating enough throughout the day; make sure your eating protein, that helps you stay full longer and if your an emotional snacker then find someway to center yourself and release those emotions like Yoga, meditation or kickboxing; whatever works for you. Just listen to your body. :-)
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a nighttime snacker too, or at least I go through phases where I am. I used to think its a bad thing, but not so much anymore, especially when realising how much growth and repair work the body does at night, so that fuel you're putting in is probably not wasted :wink: My own solution is to skew my eating towards the evening (for me, no breakfast, moderate lunch, large evening meal), as well as pushing my evening meal out to about 7/ 8pm.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I save over half my calories for the supper / evening time period. It works for me. :)

This works. I do intermittent fasting. I'm usually way too full after supper to even consider snacking.