who wants to help whip others into shape!

turnerheatherm
turnerheatherm Posts: 1
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
No hook ups or pervs allowed! This is serious! I keep taking steps back because I eat for the joy of it. Sometimes I say "what the hell, this piece of chocolate wont matter" then before I know it I have had 5...7...10 pieces! I AM READY! I have been on here for a few weeks and have only lost 11 pounds. Dont get me wrong losing 11 pounds is better then gaining them, but I feel I can work harder. It will be awesome to have the support of others who arent afraid to be blunt and encouraging at the same time. Likewise I will do the same for you when possible. Helping others helps remind me to take my own advice!

Replies

• Keianne
    Keianne Posts: 5
    I know i could use all the "Blunt" help i can get! Today is my first day, and I'm ready to do this too!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    I always want to be blunt and honest when looking at peoples diaries but I find if I make an honest assessment of the diary and comment the person takes it the wrong way. Most people just say.. WTG or good job no matter what their diary says. I believe in encouragement but at the same time i also want to help the person. If I see where there is no sodium or fat posted for something that we all know has fat and sodium I will mention it. I would be happy to have someone do the same for me to keep me in line also! If this works for you add me as a friend and I will add you!

Good luck either way with your journey to a new you!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    I do the same all the time. I am ready for advice and will help others when needed :)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    ADD ME IF YOU WANT (ALL OF YOU INCLUDED) I WILL DO WHAT I CAN.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Im usually blunt on here anyways. I'll tell you like it is!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Hello and welcome! I am a great motivator so feel free to send me a friend request if you like. I have been using this site since January and its great! A lot of good info in here!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    I'm honest/blunt when a question has been asked...

I do look at people's diaries and wonder... but I don't say anything until my opinion has been asked....

add me if you want...
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    i'd be more than happy to help you. My wife and I have been on here for a few months and have and are loving it. Its a great sight for tracking your food and excercise and for seeking and getting help. Part of using this site as a motivator is knowing that some days it wont be praise you need, but a kick up your virtual back side!! Add me if you think i can help. Jeff
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    I can use some of the bluntness hehe... a for me, I usually keep some things to myself cause I dont want to offend someone or want them to take it the wrong way :/ but I do mean well.. add me if anyone likes.
This discussion has been closed.