Having trouble setting goals

Options
How did everyone set their goals? I see in the signatures of many that you have your CW, GW, stuff like that. How did you come up with the middle weight and did you set dates for it?

My goal weight is supposed to be 110-140 pounds, but that's a pretty broad spectrum. I was thinking 120 as a goal weight? Is that obtainable?

Also how did you come up with your rewards for reaching your weight targets?

Any input would be amazing..

Replies

• emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used my BMI for my goal, I want to be at the low end of normal, which for me is 103lbs so I decided to try and get to 100lbs as its a nice even number.
    xxx
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I set my goal weight for what that I would feel good weighing, without losing my curves. I was comfortable at that weight and it's just a little bit higher than my weight was in college (almost 20 yrs ago!). Also, it' s about 10lbs below overweight on my bmi so that sounded do-able. If I reach that and feel I can do more, I will set a new goal.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    It's definitely different for everyone :) For my I tried setting goals with dates and it just frustrated me. So I set mini goals for every few pounds (see below and/or my profile). Then for each goal I thought of something I wanted, that I felt I would work for. These changed for me, depending on what motivated me at the time (some people set all the rewards up front, but it worked better for me to do them 1 or 2 at a time. I also tried to think of things i wouldn't just buy anyway.

So for me my first reward was a new bra, I wanted it, it was a little expensive so i rewarded myself with it.
    my 2nd was new workout pants (and I did a little extra with that reward with some other workout clothes)
    my 3rd will be i can go tanning before vacation.

little stuff but it keeps me going.

my ultimate goal is based off what i know of my body and where i beleive i will be comfortable and fit into the clothes i want to.

i also stear clear of rewarding myself with food or "cheat" days, it just undoes whatever i've accomplished.

Do what works for you and don't be afraid to change them as you go along!! :)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    It's definitely different for everyone :) For my I tried setting goals with dates and it just frustrated me. So I set mini goals for every few pounds (see below and/or my profile).as you go along!! :)

i should mention i did this without dates the 2nd time around :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I tried using dates for when I wanted to be a certain weight but it didn't keep me motivated and I would get frustrated when that date came and I wasn't that particular number on the scale so I took it off. I also used to have goal rewards that were pedicure, new tattoo, new clothes, etc. but I also did away with those because they weren't motivating, they just seemed too far off. I've yet to get any of those things either, just because I don't have the $. My goal weight is 139 just because I used dietitian.com/calc_body.php and for 17% body fat like I'm aiming for (though 20% realistically), it said I would have to weigh 139 to get to that so I lowered my goal weight from 140 to 139. Also, for my height, 140 is the top of the healthy BMI for me but I have a medium size bone structure so I don't think I could get much lower. As a teenager, after gaining weight, the lowest I got was 145 so I figure I can get 5 lbs lower and since I know what I'm doing now, should be able to get lower and look even better than I did back then!