On-the-go Grocery List

Hey everyone! I am an "on the go" type of person... I like quick and easy things I can throw together with few ingredients.

Right now, my main go-to's are :

((BREAKFAST))1 Thomas' English Muffin, 1 whole Egg, 1 slice Cheese (in my Hamilton Beach Breakfast Maker!!)

((LUNCH))1 Joseph's Lavish Wrap, 1 can Tuna, 2 tbsp Hellman's Light Mayo, 28 g Shredded Cheese, Shredded lettuce

((DINNER)) Trader Joe's frozen "meats" such as Mahi Mahi burger or Veggie Patties on Trader Joe's Sandwich thins with a side salad and 2 tbsp dressing.

I will also throw in some fruit or nuts as a snack.

I am writing this post to get some more easy, on-the-go ideas with few ingredients... ANYTHING can help!!! Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• roz112
    roz112 Posts: 77 Member
    My go to snacks or meals are: Greek yogurt with almonds and bananas- I like country harvest protein bread with cream cheese, avocado and tomato- Protein powder with almond milk, peanut butter-Oatmeal with almond milk- Salad with black beans, red peppers, hardboiled eggs, and hummus
    Thats all I can think of from the top of my head :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Dinner - chicken breast or boneless pork loin chop(trimmed of any fat) on my George Forman grill and microwave in bag frozen veggies( I always have lots in my freezer).
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Lunch - Thomas mini bagels with avocado, big slice or red bell pepper and choice of protein.
    - Breakfast same thing but with an egg :)
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Hard boiled eggs, I'll boil a dozen at the start of the week.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    One of my favorite quick meals.

Thai Chicken Wrap

1 medium flour tortilla
    2 Oz pre-grilled chicken breast strip
    Asian salad mix (toss the dressing) or cole slaw mix
    2 tablespoons Thai peanut sauce

Heat the chicken
    Spread the sauce on the tortilla
    Add chicken and salad mix
    Add something crunchy like the wonton strips that come with the Asian salad mix or chow mien noodles.
    Wrap it up and eat it!

I calculate this at 327 calories

My son got one of those Hamilton Breakfast Sandwich Makers for Christmas. I thought it was a gimmick at first but I bet I use it 2 or 3 times per week. It's a great way to make breakfast. I usually add sliced ham or turkey on mine.

For work I'll often bring a small bag of baby carrots and single-serving size hummos from Costco. It makes a great afternoon snack.

• Thanks everyone!

7lenny7 - Great idea with the chicken wrap!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • iambold
    iambold Posts: 20 Member
    Dannon Light & Fit Toasted Coconut Greek, ( the ONLY Greek I can eat ) with Nature Valley Oats & Honey Granola'., Bumble Bee Solid White Tuna' with Beans , ALMOST any beans'. snack on Shelled Walnuts and Macadamias I count a serving of each and throw them in a baggy and there ready for the wk. also Lentil Snaps are yummy , there's SO many flavors to date. or picking at Aurora Naturals Salad fixins' , I add more cranberries and some yogurt covered raisins to it, for sweetness. and sun flower kernals unsalted. I'm enjoying finding ways of doing this right now. the more the healthy the better!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Since I see that you like tuna, have you tried the new ranch-flavored tuna packets? They are so delicious that I don't need to put anything on the tuna.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Eggs. My go-to food is eggs for any and every meal. Or Tuna Creations. For lunch I looove to put 1tbsp or olive oil mayo and 1tbsp of pickle relish in a baggy and take one of the 4 flavors of tuna to work. Toss it all together and there ya have it!
  • yayamom3 wrote: »
    Since I see that you like tuna, have you tried the new ranch-flavored tuna packets? They are so delicious that I don't need to put anything on the tuna.

Are you talking about Tuna Creations?
    Eggs. My go-to food is eggs for any and every meal. Or Tuna Creations. For lunch I looove to put 1tbsp or olive oil mayo and 1tbsp of pickle relish in a baggy and take one of the 4 flavors of tuna to work. Toss it all together and there ya have it!

Do you put your tuna on anything? :)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member

Are you talking about Tuna Creations?

Yes

• italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Mama Marys Stone Fire Brick oven style pizza crust- I cut these into four pieces for individual pizzas- 225 calories each

I put a lot on them, but my favorite is Ragu sauce, frozen spinach (always on hand in the fridge, it put it on everything), tuna, capers, feta cheese (28 grams) and mozzarella cheese (14 grams)

about 500 calories