Chocolate

Options
how do I stop eating chocolate? What's a good way to cut it out? Do any of you know what to replace it with? Thanks xx

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Either make the chocolate fit into your daily calories or just stop eating it.

I have a major sweet tooth, like MAJOR. Any time I feel like my sweet tooth is getting the best of me, I go off sugar completely for 2-4 weeks. Every time I finish one of these "sugar cleanses" I crave sweets way less and consume it rarely. If I really really just need sugar, I'll eat a "fun-size" piece or 2 squares of super dark chocolate. It helps.
  • mildollarsmile
    mildollarsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink my chocolate protein shake for breakfast and it curbs my chocolate craving. I also have like the dark chocolate granola or quest bars that I also use for snacks in moderation. I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    IMO, just cut it back. Make it fit into your calorie target. Have one thing a day, or have multiple but reduced portions or alternate choices, or have some days with none and plan for (read: save calories for) a really great thing on the weekend (like chocolate cake at a restaurant).

You can eat anything and still lose weight. You just have to hit your calorie target, which typically means cutting back a lot on certain kinds of foods, and increasing your intake of other kinds of foods. Foods higher in protein and fat will be more satiating, and foods like veggies can give you bulk/quantity for fewer calories. But if you like chocolate, then it should have a place too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Why would you stop eating chocolate? Just fit a small piece or two into your calories when you want it.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am also a big chocolate fan. I've switched from more sugary treats to buying one nice dark chocolate (85%) bar and having one row a day (100 calories) I also drink Creo Bru, which is just ground cacao beans that you brew like coffee (10 calories), for a hot chocolate alternative. For a really good(still healthy) treat I eat a chocolate pudding made from just cacao powder or nibs blended with avocado and honey or dates. I find that eating chocolate that is better quality (and thus more expensive) keeps me from buying too much and makes the less expensive options less appealing. But of course I still expend some calories on the sweeter goodies once in a while.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    I just simply don't have it in the house or in my desk at work. If it is not available, I won't eat it.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    If it is the sugar you crave, have sweet fruit instead. At least you will get more nutritional value from fruit. I just had a small apple while the guy in front of me at work had 3 biscuits. Guaranteed mine had less calories and will serve me better in the long run.
  • tezzie100
    tezzie100 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks this
    Either make the chocolate fit into your daily calories or just stop eating it.

I have a major sweet tooth, like MAJOR. Any time I feel like my sweet tooth is getting the best of me, I go off sugar completely for 2-4 weeks. Every time I finish one of these "sugar cleanses" I crave sweets way less and consume it rarely. If I really really just need sugar, I'll eat a "fun-size" piece or 2 squares of super dark chocolate. It helps.

thanks it helped
  • tezzie100
    Options
    Okay
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Why would you stop eating chocolate? Just fit a small piece or two into your calories when you want it.

okay sorry si
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. I used to be able to eat it without end. But back in january when I started weight loss my coach strongly recommended I eat sauerkraut and kefir daily. They are two fermented foods which help balance your microbiome. Since about a month after that I can't eat more than a few pieces of chocolate, or candy, at a time or I start to feel queasy. It hasn't diminished my enjoyment of chocolate, but I can't binge on it like I used to. So now I have a few pieces of chocolate every other day, and enjoy it more because it lasts longer :)

Oh and Dark chocolate will curb my cravings much better than milk.
  • tezzie100
    Options
    Thanks ☺️
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    The day I stop eating chocolate is cuz I'm dead... and you'll have to pry the chocolate out of my cold, dead hands... Just make it fit into your day. Really. :flowerforyou:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    tezzie100 wrote: »
    how do I stop eating chocolate? What's a good way to cut it out? Do any of you know what to replace it with? Thanks xx

Buy really good chocolate. The small, individually wrapped pieces of good quality stuff. Have one piece as a treat after you've had your other macros and calories for the day and you have the calories left for that piece. Don't just mindlessly eat it. Let yourself eat it slowly and really savor it, you'll enjoy it much more and won't need to have a lot because you enjoyed that small treat.

Remember, whether you have a lot or a little of something, eventually you reach the end of it. How you feel when it's gone depends on you.
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a problem limiting yourself, then just fit a healthy amount into your calorie count. I tend to lose self control when there's a lot of chocolate around, so I have my mom hide it and portion it out for me :)