Looking for support of friends - women in their 50's and have to lose about 100 lbs (or more)

Options
I have been doing this for 80 days and have lost 26 lbs. I am happy with the results and just thought that if I could get a network of a few other ladies in the same goal range and age range it would be beneficial to me and you! I believe age and gender likeness would be encouraging as many of us are at the same stages in life as far as working etc...Give me a shout and lets do this thing together!! I need motivation to start exercising as soon as it warms up here in the Northeast!!

Replies

• randiwoods1
    randiwoods1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Happy to join your group. I started down this path almost a year ago. I'm down a little over 70 lbs. (63 on MFP) but I still have 30-50 that I want to lose. Why the range? I don't know where I want to land - I now weigh less than I weighed in high school. The charts show that I should lose 60 more, but that seems a bit scary right now, as I approach 52.

I was exercising but have stopped the last few days - I've got a bug that I can't seem to shake. I can't wait for the sun and warmth either as I love to move OUTSIDE!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started out at 250lbs 2 years ago. I'm down to under 170, my official weigh in is tomorrow. I'm 5'2" I'll be 58 this year. I'm small er than I was in High School too! I've got about 35 pounds I want to lose, then I'll see how I look and feel at 135 lbs. Feel free to add me
  • denisegon2015
    Options
    I've had this horrible cold/virus whatever for the 12 days! It is finally getting better after some anitbiotics. It was a real struggle being home everyday all day and I don't know about you but when I am sick like that my body craves the carbs!! I've gotten through the worst part of it now and am encouraged to keep going forward tracking towards my goal!

You have done so well!! Keep up the good work and know that you will kick in the exercise as soon as you are feeling better! The big thing is that we have to remember that we didn't put the weight on overnight and it is going to take time. You are an inspiration to all of us!
  • denisegon2015
    Options
    @Exquisitern: WOWZIE!!! How amazing you must feel!! What an accomplishment!! You go girl! Let us know how you do on your weigh in tomorrow! We will celebrate with you! I looked at your profile and we have similar goals!! Getting healthy before retirement so we can travel!! Sounds like a good plan!
  • denisegon2015
    Options
    This is inpsirational to me...just to see how great everyone is doing. I have never blogged before so this is a whole new experience - just like the success I am having with MFP. I think I have finally found something that works for me...on my terms! Very encouraging to see everyones success and other great info as I am poking around on this site.
  • Exquisitern
    Options
    Denise and Randi: Thanks for the friends requests. I always like to see ladies at my age and trying to get healthy.
    Randi: Hope you get over that bug soon. I understand last week I didn't feel good for a few days and didn't exercise or make good food choices. I always like comfort food when I don't feel at my best. Don't worry, just keep logging and coming back even if everyday is not your best.
    Denise: Thanks for the compliments. I have good days/weeks and bad. I took off the last two years around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I just try to maintain, but I'm full steam ahead right now. I'm in a weight loss challenge at work, so that helps to keep me motivated. But it is hard. I just keep telling myself that I only fail if I quit trying, so good or bad, I just keep trying!

Hope you both have good evenings!

Donna
  • vilanta65
    vilanta65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I would like to join your group. I meet your requirements as I just turned fifty and I need to lose over a hundred pounds. I am the Lone Ranger in the family as my parents and children are all within normal weight. I am the odd one out and they don't understand the struggles of being this heavy. I look forward to talking with you all and supporting one another.
  • Tannst74
    Tannst74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 59(in a few days) I have been losing weight for three years now . I started at 351 and now weigh 258. I am on some sort of plateau and have not lost anything in six months or so. The good news is I haven't gained it all back either. But it is rather frustrating : all this exercise and counting calories and still I am stuck on this plateau
  • Exquisitern
    Options
    Tasteven2 Congrats on the weight loss. Your probably going to change up your routine. Get your heartrate up to burn more calories. You may also have to be more vigilant in your calorie counts. Just suggestions which you may already have tried.

Donna