MFP's two dominant species

Options
Cryptonomnomicon
Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
I enjoy venturing into the forums for a multitude of reasons...

Firstly for the wealth of knowledge that people vastly more informed than me about the topics of nutrition, training and other fitness related content are willing to share.

uXG32ec.gif

Secondly for the LOLS provided by those that have a unique yet humorous outlook on life and the uncanny ability to convey it in such a way that it has a certain power over the corners of my mouth.

l6PtkK6.gif

Thirdly I do believe in sharing the aforementioned "wealth of knowledge" for I remember my humble beginnings on this site and all the pseudoscience, broscience and other just plain BS that I had led to believe because of my ignorance. I like to believe that maybe even if one of the threads I post in will help to improve the quality and overall happiness of one person's life I have at least contributed something positive towards the universe.

qCoUn2Y.gif

Lastly I have made some amazing friends who inspire me on a daily basis and bring me more joy than they could ever imagine.

BxEyPg9.jpg

Anyway I am deviating from the original intent of this thread, so here we go...

Obviously there are a whole plethora of personality types on here but I am only going focus on what I consider the two dominant ones.

1. The Askhole: Someone who asks your opinion or for advice but never takes your advice and often ignores you or even does exactly the opposite of what you suggested.

2.The A**hole: Someone who takes the time to address inquires or to correct blatant fallacies that would hinder peoples progress that would often cause unnecessary stress and frustration.

I tread lightly in the threads nowadays not unlike a ninja constructed solely out of helium balloons, I try to keep things on the light side with humorous gifs and what not, and yet I am often called out for being an A**hole, simply for challenging someone's beliefs even when those beliefs and the behavior that follows is often counterproductive, wrong or even dangerous.

etzu2qR.jpg

So be it I say, I am proud to be the "A**hole" anyday of the week, than simply watch people crash and burn saying "You've got this" and "Good luck OP!" etc

mweDsnh.jpg

/rant

Replies

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Slow morning?
  • sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LIKE IT
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    Slow morning?

Different timezone, but yes I am stating the painfully obvious...for some, forest for the trees and all that.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    677.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Slow morning?

Different timezone, but yes I am stating the painfully obvious...for some, forest for the trees and all that.

But, but it's morning everywhere in Murrica.

Everyone here is living in Murrica.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Slow morning?

But, but it's morning everywhere in Murrica.

Everyone here is living in Murrica.

everyone that matters anyway. And Canada? you count as 'murica. Deal with it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    large.jpg
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    large.jpg

The context of your reply is lost on me.

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    "Ninja constructed solely out of helium balloons" caught my eye... You got this, Good Luck, OP.

64yebrb42rmt.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I enjoy venturing into the forums for a multitude of reasons...

Firstly for the wealth of knowledge that people vastly more informed than me about the topics of nutrition, training and other fitness related content are willing to share.

uXG32ec.gif

Secondly for the LOLS provided by those that have a unique yet humorous outlook on life and the uncanny ability to convey it in such a way that it has a certain power over the corners of my mouth.

l6PtkK6.gif

Thirdly I do believe in sharing the aforementioned "wealth of knowledge" for I remember my humble beginnings on this site and all the pseudoscience, broscience and other just plain BS that I had led to believe because of my ignorance. I like to believe that maybe even if one of the threads I post in will help to improve the quality and overall happiness of one person's life I have at least contributed something positive towards the universe.

qCoUn2Y.gif

Lastly I have made some amazing friends who inspire me on a daily basis and bring me more joy than they could ever imagine.

BxEyPg9.jpg

Anyway I am deviating from the original intent of this thread, so here we go...

Obviously there are a whole plethora of personality types on here but I am only going focus on what I consider the two dominant ones.

1. The Askhole: Someone who asks your opinion or for advice but never takes your advice and often ignores you or even does exactly the opposite of what you suggested.

2.The A**hole: Someone who takes the time to address inquires or to correct blatant fallacies that would hinder peoples progress that would often cause unnecessary stress and frustration.

I tread lightly in the threads nowadays not unlike a ninja constructed solely out of helium balloons, I try to keep things on the light side with humorous gifs and what not, and yet I am often called out for being an A**hole, simply for challenging someone's beliefs even when those beliefs and the behavior that follows is often counterproductive, wrong or even dangerous.

etzu2qR.jpg

So be it I say, I am proud to be the "A**hole" anyday of the week, than simply watch people crash and burn saying "You've got this" and "Good luck OP!" etc

mweDsnh.jpg

/rant

I already loved you because of
    dye0tj05bf51.jpg

Now I'm a little overcome ....<sigh>
  • purplerosemfp
    purplerosemfp Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i dont understand the question.. was there a question? :#