Help I have to take a client out to dinner

Options
I have to entertain a client for dinner tonight which means alcoholic beverages and great food. It's just my second day back on healthy eating and now I don't want to go astray. I think maybe what I should do is plan what I will eat and just order sparkling water instead of any wine or cucumber Martinis. Any suggestions?!?!? :s

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Check out the menu of the restaurant in advance so you have an idea of what you might have. Totally ignore the bread basket. Don't clean your plate unless portions are small. Try to order something that is recognizable so you can log it. If your client drinks, order one and only one. You don't want to be pounding drinks with clients anyway. Avoid dessert.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Can you plan to eat less early in the day so you can indulge at night? That's usually what I do on a day I know I'm eating out.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You the next seven days to balance out your surplus when you take your client out.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Allocate your calories+ portion control+ healthier choices(optional)+ do some exercise spread the surplus over the next week. Easy to cry off alcohol or nurse it and make it last.
  • coney724
    coney724 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat light during the day and make sure you don't go to dinner feeling super hungry. Have a small snack before. Scan the menu online if you can and try to make your choices beforehand.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    One dinner isn't going to ruin your progress. Order what you want, enjoy the dinner, and get back on track the following day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about going over if you know how you will deal with it after. Enjoy your food, savour it.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    How did it go?