Diet only no gym

Options
supah11
supah11 Posts: 71 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it possible to still lose weight just by maintaining calorie intake and not working out much? I'll be away from the gym for 2 months so all I can do is simple workout only at home. I heard the 20% gym 80% diet, so is it possible to still maintain and lose weight just by diet for the meantime?

Will I lose weight with less cardio (for the meantime) and just strict tracking of my caloric intake?

Replies

• verywisegnome
    verywisegnome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose weight without going to the gym. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you should have no problems losing weight.
  • supah11
    Options
    Yes, you can lose weight without going to the gym. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you should have no problems losing weight.

Okay thank you very much for the reply :). But will my toned body disappear since I'll be inactive?
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I haven't set foot in a gym, just workouts at home around my toddler's schedule. Youtube has a lot of free workouts, or you can make your own.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Absolutely doable. CI < CO = Weight Loss.

Exercise helps you reach fitness goals, maintain muscle, increase cardiovascular health, etc. Important stuff, but not required for weight loss. Do what you can at home and focus on keeping yourself in a calorie deficit. Good Luck!
  • Dakinirawk
    Dakinirawk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do a travel workout. You can get a hell of a workout with just a mat. I can share mine if you want it.
  • supah11
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    Is it possible to still lose weight just by maintaining calorie intake and not working out much? I'll be away from the gym for 2 months so all I can do is simple workout only at home. I heard the 20% gym 80% diet, so is it possible to still maintain and lose weight just by diet for the meantime?
    I haven't set foot in a gym, just workouts at home around my toddler's schedule. Youtube has a lot of free workouts, or you can make your own.

Thank u for the info :) im just worried that i wouldbt be able to di extreme workouts at home since I'll be in vacay
  • supah11
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Absolutely doable. CI < CO = Weight Loss.

Exercise helps you reach fitness goals, maintain muscle, increase cardiovascular health, etc. Important stuff, but not required for weight loss. Do what you can at home and focus on keeping yourself in a calorie deficit. Good Luck!

True, thanks so much! :)
  • supah11
    Options
    Dakinirawk wrote: »
    Do a travel workout. You can get a hell of a workout with just a mat. I can share mine if you want it.

Haha thank u! :)
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do some body weight workouts!
  • supah11
    Options
    Do some body weight workouts!

Yea i think all i can do is body weight workouts and less cardio for the meantime :( will I still lose with no cardio but strict caloric intake?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Okay thank you very much for the reply :). But will my toned body disappear since I'll be inactive?

Unless you're heavy into strength training, your "tone", or visible muscle, is more likely from having lower body fat than anything else. So if your body fat does not go up, you shouldn't lose that look.
  • supah11
    Options

Unless you're heavy into strength training, your "tone", or visible muscle, is more likely from having lower body fat than anything else. So if your body fat does not go up, you shouldn't lose that look.

Oooh I see. Thanks!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've been off the gym wagon for over a month because of injury, and I have still managed to lose 15+ lbs. So, diet is just fine.
  • supah11
    Options
    I've been off the gym wagon for over a month because of injury, and I have still managed to lose 15+ lbs. So, diet is just fine.

Oh really? Cool! Thanks! :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 100% calories. How you create that calorie deficit is up to you, but most people find it easier to do with diet. Exercise does make it easier, but is not required at all.

Stay as active as you can (for your health and wellness, not your weight) and don't worry about it.
  • supah11
    Options

Oh really? Cool! Thanks! :) what do you do though? To lose weight? Just strict caloric intake?
  • supah11
    Options

Oh really? Cool! Thanks! :)

what do you do though? To lose weight? Just strict caloric intake?
  • supah11
    Options
    Losing weight is 100% calories. How you create that calorie deficit is up to you, but most people find it easier to do with diet. Exercise does make it easier, but is not required at all.

Stay as active as you can (for your health and wellness, not your weight) and don't worry about it.

I see, thank u! :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've done 100% diet since Dec. 10th 2015 and dropped 15lbs. I'm now 1lb from goal weight, but I'm good with where I am. It's warmer now, so I'm getting out more, more active, it will all balance out.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!