Diet only no gym

Options
2»

Replies

• supah11
    supah11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've done 100% diet since Dec. 10th 2015 and dropped 15lbs. I'm now 1lb from goal weight, but I'm good with where I am. It's warmer now, so I'm getting out more, more active, it will all balance out.

Wow that's great! Congrats! :) wish I could be like you when it comes to 100% diet!
  • supah11
    Options
    Absolutely!

Thanks!
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has said it already. Create a deficit in whatever way you can. If you can't burn extra calories, just eat fewer. You may feel a bit hungry in the beginning if you are eating fewer calories than before to maintain the same deficit, so you'll have to play around a bit with finding things that fill you up with fewer calories.
  • supah11
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    Everyone else has said it already. Create a deficit in whatever way you can. If you can't burn extra calories, just eat fewer. You may feel a bit hungry in the beginning if you are eating fewer calories than before to maintain the same deficit, so you'll have to play around a bit with finding things that fill you up with fewer calories.

True. Thank you! :) yea. Its all about playing around and seeing which is effective :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    you putting us on supah11? :)
  • supah11
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    you putting us on supah11? :)

What? Sorry?
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose weight without working out...you risk losing muscle though. You can find really great workouts for free on YouTube and other free sites like that. Just stick to eating a deficit and you'll be fine :smile:
  • supah11
    Options
    You can totally lose weight without working out...you risk losing muscle though. You can find really great workouts for free on YouTube and other free sites like that. Just stick to eating a deficit and you'll be fine :smile:

Okay thank you for the info! :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    had to ask o:)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The answer is absolutely yes.

Sometimes exercise throws another stress element into the equation...but I will end that right here..

So to answer the question.... yes and yes!
  • supah11
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    The answer is absolutely yes.

Sometimes exercise throws another stress element into the equation...but I will end that right here..

So to answer the question.... yes and yes!

Thank you thank you!!!! :)
  • lizek316
    lizek316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    Is it possible to still lose weight just by maintaining calorie intake and not working out much? I'll be away from the gym for 2 months so all I can do is simple workout only at home. I heard the 20% gym 80% diet, so is it possible to still maintain and lose weight just by diet for the meantime?

Will I lose weight with less cardio (for the meantime) and just strict tracking of my caloric intake?

As everyone else has said yes. This is particularly important (for me anyway) to remember when I get sick. I tend to have colds that hang on FOREVER (as it is at the moment) and the last thing I want to do is workout and make my throat hurt worse.
    And when I DO workout, I NEVER go to the gym anyway. I have a Wii, dance and walking DVD's. Once the weather gets nice (and stays that way here), I'll be walking or riding the bike I just got for my birthday on the trails in my town.
  • supah11
    Options
    lizek316 wrote: »
    Is it possible to still lose weight just by maintaining calorie intake and not working out much? I'll be away from the gym for 2 months so all I can do is simple workout only at home. I heard the 20% gym 80% diet, so is it possible to still maintain and lose weight just by diet for the meantime?

Will I lose weight with less cardio (for the meantime) and just strict tracking of my caloric intake?

As everyone else has said yes. This is particularly important (for me anyway) to remember when I get sick. I tend to have colds that hang on FOREVER (as it is at the moment) and the last thing I want to do is workout and make my throat hurt worse.
    And when I DO workout, I NEVER go to the gym anyway. I have a Wii, dance and walking DVD's. Once the weather gets nice (and stays that way here), I'll be walking or riding the bike I just got for my birthday on the trails in my town.

• 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have to remind myself DAILY that 90% is DIET alone and best recommendation is to make small changes with diet as this is the most difficult part. Exercise helps toning and relieving stress. As you get closer to your goals, you want to start some toning exercises. Typically, people will lose a lot of weight over 50 lbs and look deflated due to extreme weight loss within a short period of time. You definitely want to pace yourself and due some form of toning exercises including weight training to achieve a more toned body.
  • supah11
    Options
    lizek316 wrote: »

Cool ok thanks! :)
  • supah11
    Options
    I have to remind myself DAILY that 90% is DIET alone and best recommendation is to make small changes with diet as this is the most difficult part. Exercise helps toning and relieving stress. As you get closer to your goals, you want to start some toning exercises. Typically, people will lose a lot of weight over 50 lbs and look deflated due to extreme weight loss within a short period of time. You definitely want to pace yourself and due some form of toning exercises including weight training to achieve a more toned body.

I agree :( and I know understand. Thanks so much! :)
  • At least you can probably maintain. Your weight might change due to muscle loss, but just focus on the quality of the food you are eating. I am NOT a firm believer of the calories in vs calories out concept because I have tried this for years, always burn more then I eat, and it is a bag of lies. Sugar will definitely cause changes in metabolism, so will lack of sleep and being sedentary in general. One weight watchers rule of thumb is to get up and walk at least 5 minutes every hour. That helps with metabolism. Also, cutting back on alcohol during your trip, and being sure not to get high in calories (I know I sounds contradictory now, but I also think that if we eat more, our bodies still have to digest it, and it will take more to burn off). I would stay away from your personal "crutch" foods, and foods that cause you to slip and overindulge. And like the others mentioned, try to get some strength training in, even if it means planks. Also, simple jumping jacks can get your heart rate above running heart rate pace, into the fat burning zone. Enjoy your vacation- it will not be the end of the world if you have a totally enriching time, and enjoy the culture of the place, then get back on track when you come back. You'll be fine.