Hello, Just starting, but wondering if anyone else has PCOS?

Options
twinkling70
twinkling70 Posts: 26 Member
So In January I was diagnosed with PCOS and the doctor put me on medication. Now, I don't think this is the whole reason for my weight loss, but I am wondering if other people have lost some weight after getting on medication.
Anyways,good luck to Everyone. Friend me if you want, it will help me with accountability. Thanks... I am waiting until I get under 200 before I post a before and after picture,, :)

Replies

• jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there are many here with PCOS. You just need to type in the search. It's so important to weigh within a healthy range, you'll find lots of support here. Congratulations and best of luck!
  • ericalaurenxo
    Options
    I was formally diagnosed with PCOS in September of last year. After researching, I've learned that it is probably the source of my weight problem. Since beginning medication (metformin & birth control), it's still been a struggle but I'm losing little by little!
  • twinkling70
    Options
    Thank you I was just curious as it seems to work a little bit with me, but I just want to be healthy Thanks for your words.. Good luck to you both!!
  • I've got PCOS. I'm not currently on any medication because, thank goodness, my symptoms aren't that bad. Losing weight with PCOS is a struggle, but it's entirely possible! There are a few PCOS groups on MFP, so you may want to consider joining one. Good luck with everything :)
  • twinkling70
    Options
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just got diagnosed last month and this is my first full month taking the medication. I feel like I have actually just maintained weight, rather than up and down, up and down. I am starting this week to really watch what I eat though and hoping it will result in some loss. I didn't even know what PCOS was until last month, and boy was my doctor pissed no one mentioned it to me before because I have literally every symptom. Here's to hoping I am going to see some changes sooner than later now!! :)
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Seeing the doc tomorrow. Thinking that will be the diagnosis. Hoping to get some answers and a good game plan to start feeling better. Just starting the weight loss thing, too, so maybe we'll even see some positive changes there!
  • twinkling70
    Options
    Same here with my Doctor and what both of you are saying.. I recently moved and my new Doctor put me on medication. He said you should have been on this years ago. The metformin might give you a bit of a stomach ache but just remember to use it how your Doctor Rx'd it. I try to take it 1/2 hour before meals or right with my meal. I then dropped my eating to around 1200 calories and finally started losing. When I use to do this before I would gain weight so I know the medication is helping.. YES!!! Starving ourselves is not the answer!! I eat until I am full and try to eat good things. Yesterday, I ate Ice-cream like there was no tomorrow. :) So back to the eating better. Well hope the best to you ladies and I am absolutely here if you need me.