High carbs or high protein???

Options
67July
67July Posts: 17
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm not sure what diet plan would be good for me, a high carb diet where there's no cow no pig or go with the high protein diet like Atkins? any thoughts???

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like and what makes you feel good, in moderation. Eat at a caloric deficit. If you like low carb and feel good on it, go for it. If you don't like meat and want to be a vegetarian, go for it. I, personally, wouldn't go "low" protein, as you need an adequate amount of protein to retain muscle, but find what works for you.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    +1 for moderation. Carbs, protein, fat, all do good things for us.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Atkins is not really high protein..... its teh right amount of protein and high fat and tons of veggies.... the right kind.... so many people mix these types diet up...I do paleo... i have lost 130 pounds and beat type 2 diabetes....
  • LeeWCrawford
    Options
    How do you eat cheese burgers and drink beer in moderation? :smiley: Joking of coarse. That is just what I want to diet on but cant.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How do you eat cheese burgers and drink beer in moderation? :smiley: Joking of coarse. That is just what I want to diet on but cant.

Sure you can. Reduce size of burger to perhaps 4-5 oz, use 1 oz cheese, some fresh veggie adds, you can do just half of the bun. Homemade burgers are great! Just fit it in.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    67July wrote: »
    I'm not sure what diet plan would be good for me, a high carb diet where there's no cow no pig or go with the high protein diet like Atkins? any thoughts???

Don't get hung up on these. Eat at a calorie deficit with a well balanced diet.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    There's no need to pick a "diet". Build a sustainable way of eating based around foods you love. Just eat less than you do now. That's all you need to do to lose weight. You don't need to eat a certain "way".
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If i had to choose, I'd go high protein, high carbs don't sit well with me, they just make me even more hungry!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I personally don't pay attention to the "diets". just eat healthy, watch your macros, and your calorie intake, and you'll be fine
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    +1 for moderation. Carbs, protein, fat, all do good things for us.

This.

You can eat cheeseburgers and drink beer and lose weight. Not sure why you don't think you can't.