For the weekly counters: which day are you starting your week?

Options
Hi,
I am trying to figure out which day is best for me to start my weekly counting, which includes days with more and days with less calories. Which day are you starting your counting? On Monday after the weekend (in order to save calories for the weekend)? Or on another day?
Just curious :O)!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My week starts Saturday because it is the day I weigh in. It seems to be working for me.
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wednesday for me. It means if I have more calories at the weekend I have a few days to claw some back with exercise or eating a bit less. Also for water weight gain, sodium gain etc. I have always weighed a Wednesday since I was doing Weight Watchers :smile:
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    uhm... it will make no difference whatsoever as you will still have 7 completely different days per week?
    Compensate before or after, makes no difference, either way if you fail then you fail. If you succeed then you succeed...

Why not just do it daily? Your body doesn't have a "weekly bank", eat over what you need and it will turn to fat, it's not going to go "hrm... well it's not the end of the week yet so we'll just hide these calories over here until Sunday!". If you go over then you will need to compensate some other way, no matter what cycle you may have yourself on.

• wazzujas
    wazzujas Posts: 3
    Options
    I start my week on Sunday, just makes sense to me to start on the day the calendar starts.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weekly averages, MonsoonStorm. Some people want the freedom to eat more one day and less the next. Using your logic, your body also doesn't have a daily bank. "Oh, it's midnight! Better reset."
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Monday. I have rest day Sunday. Monday starts the new workout week.
  • mk732
    mk732 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I start on Monday and bank calories for the weekend. Seems to be working well for me.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Monday.
  • Radpirate03
    Radpirate03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weekly averages, MonsoonStorm. Some people want the freedom to eat more one day and less the next. Using your logic, your body also doesn't have a daily bank. "Oh, it's midnight! Better reset."

good point well made!

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like doing my "accounting" on Mondays so I can start the week knowing what I'd like to change or improve. Knowing it's all going to be counted regardless of my weigh-in day has really improved my accountability to myself.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Somebody pointed out to me the rolling week and I am ever so grateful... On the app you can set your week to start "7 days ago", i.e. any day you look at your stats, it shows you the previous 6 days and today as day 7. I really like it because for some (doubtlessly purely subjective) reason it helps me feel more consistent + keep a more realistic eye on my macros.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I start my week on Sunday.
    uhm... it will make no difference whatsoever as you will still have 7 completely different days per week?
    Compensate before or after, makes no difference, either way if you fail then you fail. If you succeed then you succeed...

Why not just do it daily? Your body doesn't have a "weekly bank", eat over what you need and it will turn to fat, it's not going to go "hrm... well it's not the end of the week yet so we'll just hide these calories over here until Sunday!". If you go over then you will need to compensate some other way, no matter what cycle you may have yourself on.

I watch my weekly deficit. If i go over on one day i just eat less the next day or two. It's worked for me thus far. On the phone app it tells you exactly how far over or under you are at the end of the week
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sunday.
  • SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What? How do you set up your diary for weekly vs daily? This is amazing!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Yep, agree. I'm maintaining now, start on Sunday. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    SGreen134 wrote: »
    What? How do you set up your diary for weekly vs daily? This is amazing!!

@sgreen134 On your phone app click on nutrition, then click on weekly and hope you're in the green :bigsmile: It does the calculating for you, i think it's better and easier to use than the PC version