No more excuses!

Options
For a while now I have been putting myself last and everyone else's needs first. It's time I love and respect my body because it deserves that and so much more. It will definitely be a rocky start, but nothing is impossible. Our bodies are so extraordinary and it's incredible what we can actually achieve without even knowing it.

Replies

• dukecrazy77
    dukecrazy77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There isnt anything wrong with putting you first. You will always have ppl trying to pull you down. The ones that support you are the ones that will help you succeed, the ones that try and knock you down are your motivation to push harder and achieve your goals. Good luck!
  • Esme2011V
    Esme2011V Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your words of support, I greatly appreciate it!
  • sailrmerc2
    Options
    It's hard when you have people who depend on you, but you can only be great for them when you feel well yourself!
  • jaestacksmusic
    Options
    Im trying to lose 120lbs. I have a goal to lose the weight and join the fire acamedy to become a firefighter. All words of encouragement and advice is welcome.
  • Esme2011V
    Options
    Thank you @sailrmerc2, you are absolutely right. I never saw it that way. @jaestacksmusic‌, I actually want to work for the Denver Police Department, so this is why I'm really pushing myself. It's great hearing that! The best of luck to you on your journey. You'll achieve spectacular things!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 120lbs. I have a goal to lose the weight and join the fire academy to become a firefighter. All words of encouragement and advice is welcome.

Awesome brother! Have you started EMT training in parallel?
  • CSARdiver
    Options
    Esme2011V wrote: »
    Thank you @sailrmerc2, you are absolutely right. I never saw it that way. @jaestacksmusic‌, I actually want to work for the Denver Police Department, so this is why I'm really pushing myself. It's great hearing that! The best of luck to you on your journey. You'll achieve spectacular things!

Fantastic! Former LEO and some of my best memories. Still work with my local PD, but as an instructor now.
  • billyrdfc2
    Options
    I'm new and need help add me please :)
  • jaestacksmusic
    Options
    @csardiver you got this man i got faith in you
  • jaestacksmusic
    Options
    @csardiver i actually start school in january but im starting to knock the weight off now so it becomes easier
  • Esme2011V
    Options
    @CSARdiver‌ that's awesome! Glad to hear from someone who has been a part of that.
  • CSARdiver
    Options
    @csardiver i actually start school in january but im starting to knock the weight off now so it becomes easier

Outstanding! I look at it this way - takes years to put all that weight on and get out of shape, but with proper motivation you can lose that weigh in a matter of months - human body is an amazing machine.