Leg Press 190lbs?

Options
Hey guys, so I tired to do a leg press at 190lbs and surprisingly it wasn't that bad, but everyone I tell looks at me like I'm crazy, my weight now is 190 as of this morning. Is this safe?

Replies

• XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I do 135, didn't think I could but I do with no problem. We have a lot of strength in our legs and we basically pushing with our whole bottom body so that's why I think we can do a high weight.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Are you using good form? As long as you are, then yes, it's safe.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Depends on you really. If you don't need any help and don't struggle at all then hell; add 15 more pounds!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    I have female clients who weigh 130lbs that leg press 300lbs for reps (6 reps) and have banging legs! So no it's not an issue as long as form is good, breathing is correct and you're comfortable with doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Perfectly fine, as long as you're using proper form. I press almost 300. You'll be surprised how strong your legs can be. :)
  • healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys! This helps so much and I do use proper form to prevent any injury!
  • healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Depends on you really. If you don't need any help and don't struggle at all then hell; add 15 more pounds!
    LOL, It was so effortlessly I think I might add that 15lbs!